Role: UX Designer
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce energy consumption across Smart Grid infrastructure or predicts the life of critical assets and protect them power system faults. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
Can you help us drive our vision for the future? We’re looking for a dedicated executive with the skills and passion to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grid and Infrastructure team as UX Designer and take the lead in technology projects that will transform entire Smart Grid Infrastructure.
We have lots of ideas about how to successfully drive digitization in companies. For example, with open cloud platforms, highly developed security systems, and clever tools for developers. Move the world from behind the scenes with your IT expertise and passion for game-changing information technology. Rethink IT and steer projects in completely new directions. Welcome to our world! Join us now.
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- The UX Designer is the key driver for user experience innovations across all products within EnergyIP with the end goal of usable products that delights our customer. Key responsibilities include Design Thinking ideation, UI design, and user research, The position reports to the Director of User Experience within Smart Infrastructure / Digital Grid / Software. This is a strategic role that helps us define the right things to build.
- Work with technologists to rapidly build and iteratively refine realistic, interactive, data-rich, interactive web prototypes to demonstrate end-to-end conceptual stories of future products and workflows, both for near-team releases and for long-range visionary or experimental concepts.
- Define to design guidelines (including style guide, pattern library) and help reinforce its usage with development.
- Develop low-fidelity wireframes to explore and validate concepts with stakeholders and customers
- Create and conduct discovery, co-creation and product validation workshops with customers
- Write UI specifications and work with development to ensure they are correctly implemented
- Mentor junior designers and developers to higher UX skills and sensibilities
- Create and manage visual assets
Change the future with us!
- We need a professional with at least 8 years of experience in user experience design, interaction design, or related fields
- Lives and breathes the user-centered design and the design thinking process, with a strong sense of visual design and usability principles
- Have a builder “just do it, fail and learn” mentality: can learn and apply complex concepts fast, create new things fearlessly, and iterate tenaciously.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills.
- Creative, strategic, systems thinker who can articulately justify design decisions.
- Passion for collaboration and ability to work with multidisciplinary teams (including customers and executives) in a fast-paced culture with tight deadlines, shifting priorities.
- Expertise with low fidelity, “quick and dirty” design tools (e.g. Balsamiq).
- Bachelor degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), interaction design, user experience design, systems/industrial design, related fields, or equivalent web application design experience.
- Experience using web components, especially for CSS styling and theming best practices, designing for advanced data visualization for big data analytics, network modeling, geo-spatial maps, and enterprise software
- Exposure in either using or designing enterprise applications for the energy management / utilities business, creating graphics, icons, and other visual assets (using Photoshop, Paint.net, or other graphics software)
- Understanding of color theory, typography, composition and iconography is a plus
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Noida. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time