The Engineering Manager position will be based at the Siemens Healthineers Mishawaka, IN location will be responsible for leading and contributing to the control engineering team in the design, development, test, and certification of components and products for a Medical device production manufacturing site. This individual will manage electrical, mechanical, and controls engineering portions of overall new product developments and sustaining engineering programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops new control features as required by working with Product Management to meet product and/or technology roadmaps
· Manages and improve Controls Team personnel, processes, and resources
· Develops relationships and specifications with control hardware and/or software suppliers to meet project requirements
· Plans and formulates control system projects and manages team staff (engineers, designers, lab technicians) according to overall project requirements, technology roadmap, and/or product roadmap
· Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer requirements and related specifications
· Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems
· Directs integration of technical activities and products
· Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases
· Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
· Prepares interim and completion project reports
· Analyzes, designs, modifies and/ or troubleshoots electrical components, subsystems, and control algorithms
· Develops and/or produces cost effective control and instrumentation concepts to meet project requirements
· Develops complete material list of parts required for design requirements
- Ability to apply analytical methods to realize solutions
- Consistently meets or exceeds commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS in Engineering Field preferably Electrical, Computer, or Controls Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in Electrical, Computer, or Controls Engineering
- Previous supervisory experience leading teams
- Existing knowledge of commercial HVAC/Building Management Systems
- Familiar with industrial or commercial control systems
- TCP/IP protocols (Profinet, Profibus)
- Development, deployment, and/or management of IoT solutions
- App development
- Programming experience (Siemens, Allen Bradley, C, C++, WinCC, Labview, Wonderware, SCADA, robotics automation and implementation)
- Knowledge in Lean manufacturing, TPM, and VSM
- Must have a strong background in one or more of the following: Developing control hardware and firmware specs and/or Developing test plans for controls and product integration
- Previous experience in teambuilding and talent management; mentoring and career development
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding
- Must be self-directed and have excellent initiative and organizational skills
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
- Works well under stress with the ability to deliver on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Control theory
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.