Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We want to join to our Rolling Stock team located in Madrid a System Engineer Fire Protection of Rail Vehicles:
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
• You will work independently on fire protection projects for rail vehicles for international customers, taking into account the effort (costs) and deadlines.
• In doing so, you will create fire protection concepts and concepts for fire alarm and extinguishing systems and take over the review.
• You specify systems and components, advise the designing departments, clarify fire protection issues and are actively involved in the development process.
• You plan the specified specialist tasks in terms of effort and deadlines and also participate in the preparation of the internal safety certificate.
• You create approval documents, such as the technical description fire protection, analyze the driving capability in case of fire and maintain the fire protection verification list.
• Your tasks include the definition, ordering, monitoring and evaluation of fire tests, in particular fire resistance tests, as well as type tests of fire detection and extinguishing systems.
• You specify evacuation tests and coordinate their execution.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
• At least 3 years of experience in the independent processing of rail vehicle projects for passenger transport as the leading person responsible for fire protection for the complete vehicle.
• You have worked independently on at least one customer project based on EN 45545 over the complete project period, from bidding, commenting on customer requirements and order intake to successful approval / acceptance by the NoBo, customer acceptance and start of passenger service.
• You have very good written and spoken English or German skills, additional language skills are an advantage.
• You are immediately able to take over project tasks as the leading responsible person for fire protection for the complete vehicle.
• Knowledge of international fire protection standards regarding rail vehicles: EN 45545 and others, if necessary.
• You have experience in safety analyses and analyses for functional integrity in case of fire based on EN 50553.
• Knowledge in selection, implementation and type testing of fire detection systems and fire fighting.
• You are proficient in review methods, presentation techniques and working in a network.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, S.L.U.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time