Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Senior AI Scientist in Image-Guided Therapy (IGT) technologies, with focus on, but not limited to, AI approaches for real-time analysis and modeling of interventional images, computer vision, multi-modality image fusion, and medical robotics for minimally invasive interventions.
You will be part of the Digital Technology and Innovation Center, the central hub for R&D in artificial intelligence and digital innovation of Siemens Healthineers. Our global footprint extends to USA (Princeton, NJ), China, India, and various countries within Europe. Our highly skilled AI experts specialize in using large data collections and powerful supercomputing infrastructure to build artificial intelligence solutions in close collaboration with government agencies, universities, and healthcare providers worldwide. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
This is a role well suited to an
ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior
AI Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- · You will research, design and implement AI algorithms and technology to support image-guided therapies, for instance for robust and fast image analysis (detection, tracking, multi-modality fusion) or AI systems for medical robotics (modeling and control).
- · You will advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
- · You will support the development of prototypes to demonstrate the performance of the algorithms you will research, from specification to implementation to validation.
- · You will support feasibility studies, in collaboration with Siemens Healthineers business lines and clinical partners.
- · You will work together with customers to understand their problems, requirements and deliver solutions.
- · You will participate in the development of internal project proposals or government grants, from ideation to planning.
may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do
develop your career with Healthineers
- · You have completed a Ph.D. in interventional image computing, biomedical engineering, computer science, or related.
- · You have strong background in artificial intelligence for image-guided therapy and/or medical robotics, and willing to learn about new algorithms, software, and hardware solutions.
- · You are willing to accept challenges and responsibilities to advance the state of the art in real-time image analysis, multi-modality fusion and medical robotics, as demonstrated by a publication record and early developments to the level of working prototype.
- · You have hands-on coding skills and can quickly prototype in python and C++. Experience with GPU, embedded system, and mechatronics is desired.
- · Since you are interacting with international customers, outstanding written and verbal English skills are necessary, with very strong presentation skills.
- · You show team orientation, can-do attitude, communication skills and customer orientation.
- · You are willing to travel to meet business partners and clinical collaborators.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- · Ph.D. degree or equivalent experience required
- · 3-5+ years of experience (including Ph.D. study), with strong knowledge in artificial intelligence for image-guided therapy technologies and medical robotics
- · Strong collaboration and communication skills
- · Willing to travel up to 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.