Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Represent the Regional Unit internally and at the EPC JV level
- Deeply understand & analyze the entire RFP documents, customer needs and local requirements in tender documents to ensure developing a competitive and winning bid
- Take ownership to lead the Regional Unit Team and ensure close coordination with the Turnkey core team in terms of preparation, coordination of local bid activities in term of action list & bid schedule deliverables
- Lead & drive the proposed site execution and installation strategy by proposing execution methods with competitive advantages taking in consideration the environmental factors, local regulations and laws.
- Lead the site visits, investigations, local clarifications with third parties and JV partners
- Be actively involved and collaborate with design team to reflect local working method and constructability of the design
- Lead and participate to the production of the Bid and Execution schedule
- Active participate & develop with the Team the WBS, scope split & List of Responsibilities documents.
- Actively participate to establish or review BoQs for each work package directly from the design documents
- Actively participate with the Team on the procurement strategy & identification of Local suppliers/subcontractors for execution
- Actively participate to identify the project risks & propose mitigations methods.
- Active participate in the production of presentations internal and to customers as required.
- Support the Technical Bid Manager in Identifications of the interfaces points and requirements.
- Support the Technical Bid Manager in liaison with external parties, partners, and subcontractors (JV/sub/suppliers) for the preparation into back-to-back agreements in alignment with the customer contract
- Support the Technical Bid Manager in the coordination with Lots for items related to Regional Unit scope.
- Support the Technical Bid Manager to maximize the local content in the bid when it comes to local winter climate, local laws. In addition, provide analysis for the local provincial & municipal work regulations compared to European one.
Education & skills:
- Degree in Engineering in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Completion of Provincial Professional Engineering permit of practice requirements is preferred
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated experience in major P3 project management on a joint venture context.
- Minimum 5 years experience in transit railway especially in the following filed of expertise required: Rolling stock, electrification and signalization procurement and execution.
- Minimum 5 years experience in railway system installation & construction in Canada, especially in province of Ontario and in province of Quebec related to labour law requirements and the Health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Great knowledge of the proposal process, work package, WBS, PM Guidance, schedule management, scope/risk/opportunity management
- Experience in municipal and utilities company permitting associated
- Strong communication, negotiation, technical and organizational skills are essential
- Bilingual in French and English language is preferred
- Travel required during the execution stage to project sites in Toronto and Montreal/Quebec regions.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.