Software Engineer - Senior
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Within Cloud Application Services at Siemens DISW we are seeking passionate and enthusiastic software developers to join the software teams at Siemens.
Real trendsetters in
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Explore our Digital
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating groundbreaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
10+ years of professional experience in software development, with:
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as: Java, C#, Python
- Proven track record of leading small teams of developers as a team-leader/senior-developer.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
- Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure
- Understanding – web service development/micro services architecture.
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more
of the following:
Experienced with cloud computing:
- One or more years in designing, developing and deploying cloud based solution using AWS or Azure
- Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced agile development environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including senior engineers and managers.
- Ensure that appropriate code reviews and unit tests are performed.
- Communicate and consult with other developers and customers.
- Review designs and/or implementations of other projects as required.
- Manages assigned projects including defining scope, plans, schedules, and deliverables.
- Research -Maintain technical expertise in area of specialty by following technical advances in industry and academia.
- Perform research to determine possible technical solutions to long-term technical issues.
- Proactively communicates status of all projects, tools, and environments.
Experience in one or more areas:
- Micro-services development using REST APIs
- Development of middleware/platforms.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing, AWS RedShift.
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .NET, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB
- Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.