Technical Product Owner
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Within Cloud Application Services at Siemens DISW we are seeking passionate and enthusiastic Technical Product Owners to join the software teams at Siemens.
Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating groundbreaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
You must have more than 5 years of professional experience in Product lifecycle management and agile project management. Good at team collaboration, project planning and controlling methods, change management, risk management, conflict management:
- As a Product Owner, you will be working closely with a Product Manager to translate business goals into a value increment for our software
- You make decisions based on analysis from all inputs when facing up with critical cases.
- Good logic analysis and strong leadership.
- Good communication and intercultural competence.
- You have a good sense of strategic thinking on product development.
- You will collaborate with other Product Managers to align impact on roadmap/dependencies
- You will work with UX and architecture to detail out potential solutions to solve defined market problems
- You will work with development teams to refine those solutions and get them ready for implementation
- Continue to work with development teams to ensure the refined solution is implemented and supports solving the market problem
- Provide input and collaborate to ensure documentation and enablement materials are created
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- You are pragmatic, because sometimes we need to make tough calls to move things forward.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced agile development environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including senior engineers and managers.
- Communicate and consult with other developers and customers.
- Manages assigned projects including defining scope, plans, schedules, and deliverables.
- Proactively communicates status of all projects, tools, and environments.
- Experience creating, prioritizing and communicating roadmaps
- You have experience working within an international environment and/or customer base
This is what will help you be successful:
- You truly understand our customers, you have ideally worked in a position that had you work with clients directly or indirectly
- You bring people together, you have worked with diverse, remote, and cross-functional teams before and achieved great things together
- You are comfortable with working in a flexible and fast-paced environment where structures still need to be defined
- You have experience working within a remote-first culture and a decentralized team.
- You can put yourself in our customers shoes, you have experience with software development and more specifically, with integrations
- You are not afraid to open to hood and see what's underneath, you have a technical background and are familiar with software models, programming languages, etc.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.