Siemens Rail Infrastructure
Rail Infrastructure supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways worldwide as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general. We are looking for the best talent to craft the technology of the future. Build your career in one of the best companies in the world!Position Overview:
In this role, you will be responsible for working with the Senior Management Team - developing, setting the pace, and implementing a business transformational and continuous improvement strategy, with sensitivity towards the organizational structure, commercial approach, culture, people, cost, and process. Outline direction and deployment of the Lean framework to ensure consistent and rigorous application across the business in line with standard methodology. Responsible for the successful management and implementation of business improvement projects / Initiatives across the company.
You will also contribute to creating and implementing best practice Lean vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures that aid and improve operational performance. In addition, to provide input to new business initiatives and projects, review and communicate impact. This position could sit in either our Louisville, KY or Pittsburgh, PA facilities.Responsibilities:
- Develop, deliver and support the delivery of business improvement change initiatives. Develop and contribute towards improving standards in line with best practice
- Provide expertise, professional advice, and guidance to the business in business improvement, drawing from validated industry practice and methodologies
- Report on the progress of projects, understanding the risks, dependencies, budgets, resourcing, issues, critical achievements, and forthcoming pipeline, and actions vital to ensure success
- Define, develop and publish business improvement process documentation to reflect best practice
- Undertake business process analysis, statistical analysis for improvement projects and to support broader change
- Lead, define and develop continuous improvement activities designed to improve performance, such as the planning and running of lean events
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake ongoing training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Ensure that the function operates per any health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors
- Excellent leadership and man-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning, and decision making
- Commercially and financially aware
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award, or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications
- Membership of an industry-related professional body would be advantageous
- Black Belt in Six Sigma or equivalent qualification
- Strong background in lean manufacturing and engineering environments
- Experience in people management and project management
- Qualified Trainer is advantageous
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer an extraordinary place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Strategy and Lean Manager, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.