Siemens Industry, Inc. is seeking an EHS coordinator at its 700 employees manufacturing facility in Grand Prairie, TX.
The EHS coordinator is responsible for assisting the EHS Professional in managing safety OSHA compliance across the employee facility and its operations and development, implementation and coordination of environmental programs and policies to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. This position must possess knowledge of safety and environmental regulations along with an ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and influence actions.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
- Interact with all departments to assist with EH&S issues
- Train employees on EH&S programs including but not limited to Personal Protective Equipment, Emergency Response, Hazard Communication, etc. this includes creating training content and presenting
- Perform administrative duties for the EHS department including but not limited to general data entry and filing of training records, compliance documentation, and other EH&S records.
- Support implementation of various EHS policies and programs, with high involvement in environmental compliance
- Create/review standard operating procedures and Job Hazard Analysis and other applicable ISO documents
- Perform incident investigations and assist in corrective actions
- Manage Waste (waste profiles and coordinate disposal)
- Assist in ensuring facility stays current with existing and new regulation for local, state, and federal for RCRA, OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, etc.
- Perform audits
- Assessing new or existing environmental regulations and determining applicability to the facility
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. BS in EHS or related field
2. 2-5 years’ experience in an EHS role in a manufacturing facility.
3. Experience with ISO 14001 and 45001
4. Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams and leading EHS targets and objectives
5. Proven ability to facilitate training, including presentation in PowerPoint
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.