Sr. Account Manager – Automotive Embedded Systems
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with our vision, and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who are passionate about creating outstanding automotive solutions. Our solutions range from small footprint ECU software based on the AUTOSAR standard, up to the most cutting edge applications in Autonomous Driving, ADAS, Digital Cockpit, driver information and telematics solutions. As our business continues to expand, we are looking for additional top performers to join our successful team of professional sales engineers!
The AEC Sales Executive has responsibility for sales of our Automotive Embedded solutions into automotive OEMs and Tier1s, in an assigned territory and using a strategic approach. The position requires you to understand and sell solutions for high level business problems with general assistance. This person is expected to establish and maintain customer relationships independently at the line management level, and with coaching/support at the senior management and executive levels.
Major position responsibilities:
- Develop strategies for specific opportunities, develop strategic recommendations, as well as executing these to achieve your sales and opportunity growth objectives
- Translate value statements into opportunity specific value propositions, address current emerging customer needs, and demonstrate measurable impact on customers’ business performance.
- Develop and execute a complete sales process including competitive counter tactics to differentiate our products/services and position Siemens as the best solution
- Secure commitment at appropriate levels within customer organization to buy from Siemens
All along, the Channel Sales Executive will coordinate their approach with the broader sales organization, development, marketing and colleagues from around the world.
This individual is expected to be a self-starter, work on their own initiative, and be capable of articulating Siemens automotive value propositions. Additional responsibilities include uncovering new opportunities, working with prospects to refine technical requirements, and to win the trust of stakeholders and champions in your target accounts.
The successful candidate will be likely to possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS/BA Degree preferred, preferably in the electronics, engineering or software arena
- Knowledge and experience of the Automotive electronics industry, which can include Infotainment Systems, Driver Information, Vehicle Network or Autonomous and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- A successful track record in a sales or commercially-focused role within an Automotive Tier1, or solution provider
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding personal quota. This requires building and managing an opportunity pipeline to successfully achieve sales goals.
- Strong prospecting and business development skills, as well as the ability to build business relationships and achieve “trusted advisor” status.
- A background in Software Architectures based on Linux (Open Source), and on other Operating Systems such as Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) or AUTOSAR
- Some knowledge of Embedded Systems Development and the ability to abstract technical details to highlight USPs and apply these to a customer’s requirements
- Strong, long standing relationships with key automotive executives within your territory.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of the Automotive Electronics supply chain in your territory
- Ability to develop individual strategies for your accounts
- Ability and flexibility to travel up to 60%
Siemens believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance, and can provide a market-competitive benefits package and remuneration made up from base salary and commission elements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
*Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.