The OEM Account Manager is responsible for development, exploitation and maximization of the account penetration and profitable growth of assigned OEMs / Machine Builders for the Digital Industries portfolio of products and solutions. He/she represents Digital Industries in all sales/strategic activities and acts as interface between the OEM and Siemens.
The OEM Account Manager will have a combination of Enter, Expand, and Defend accounts and will be responsible for the achievement of the account business targets (KPIs) in the respective customer base to include specification, account development and revenue generation leading to market share growth. The role is intended to be self-sufficient in terms of product, technology, and solution knowledge at an executive level and 1st level engineering discussion/conversations.
- Understands, communicates, and articulates, at the executive and engineering level, the customer value of Siemens product, solutions, and technologies. Primary focus will be on the Digital Industries Portfolio, which includes Factory Automation (PLC/HMI/IPC/IO/etc.), Motion Control(Low Voltage Variable Frequency Drives/Servo Drive/Servo Motor/etc.), and Digital Connectivity and Power(Industrial Communications/Networking/Power Supply/etc.)
- Analyzes OEM Customer´s market, business targets & strategy, issues, needs, processes, value chain and key business drivers and effectively transfers this knowledge to the DI Business Units.
- Represents the OEM to the Siemens DI Business Units and ensures a unified approach towards the OEM.
- Evaluates the OEM Account potential for Siemens and the account penetration
- Develops and executes an OEM Account strategy based on the potential OEM Customer analysis to grow factory automation, motion control (drives and motors), communications (networking, power supplies, identification), and related services.
- Aligns the business planning of the respective Business Units with the strategic goals of the OEM
- Develops and maintains the Account Business Plan (ABP) and tracks all opportunities in SieSales CRM.
- Owns responsibility for the implementation of the Account strategy, especially for share-of-wallet, assigned OEM Account budget and regular forecast based on YTD figures.
- Continuously updates the strategic and operational OEM Account planning, incl. metrics in SieSales CRM to secure proper reporting to the respective Business Units.
- Identifies, develops and drives leads and opportunities as part of the Account Business Planning.
- Collaborates effectively with the respective DI Business Units
- Coordinates and supports the creation of value-based offers, including calculation, terms & conditions.and the alignment of the offer with the Vertical (End-User).
- Ensures the seamless handover to project execution and delivery. Ensures the conduct of the win-loss analysis.
- Feeds OEM’s requirements back into the respective Business Units. By doing this, influences the relevant Siemens strategy and portfolio development to meet the OEM´s needs.
- Focuses on the Digital Industries’ deliverables (scope of products, solutions, and services) according to OEM and market needs.
- Provides value to the OEM by sharing information about market and industry
- Builds and leads a virtual national team with members of all relevant DI Business Units to develop business with the OEM.
- Coordinates/collaborates with Industrial Sales Area Management, VSS resources, and Vertical (End-User) Account Teams to establish a push-pull effect between the End-User and the OEM
- Coordinates/collaborates with other Siemens entities (i.e. Siemens Infrastructure, Siemens DI Software, Siemens DI Services, etc.) to further maximize account penetration
- Builds/maintains sustainable relationships with the appropriate OEM decision makers.
- Facilitates and plans relationships on executive and senior levels with the OEM and Siemens management.
- Establishes him/herself as the point of contact for escalation.
- Provides early recognition of potential risks with (major) business impact. When necessary escalates identified risks in time to appropriate DI Management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 8+ years of previous experience selling OEM technical products and solutions.
- Technical knowledge of factory automation, motion control, drive systems, control products, and Industrial Ethernet networks.
- Proven track record of developing new business opportunities in a teaming environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to identify or uncover a customer’s specific challenge, develop relevant relationships with customer’s organization, develop a strategy, propose a technical solution, and win the opportunity (Hunter not a farmer…working in a challenger market)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are essential.
- Position requires 10% overnight travel.
- BS in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science is preferred.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.