Siemens Industry - Customer Services Division is searching for a Factory Automation Field Service Engineer to perform field service, engineering, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and commissioning activities for Factory Automation Systems in various industrial and utility facilities. Position will be home office based, located in the Northeast US (Philadelphia area.) Equipment knowledge to include the following: S7-classic, TIA-portal, Safety PLC, WinCC (flex, Comfort, and SCADA) various communications protocols (Profibus/Profinet/Wireless) and Siemens HMI systems.
- Guides and performs on-site technical and operational support in the development, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Siemens Factory Automation equipment, and systems of a complex nature.
· This position is accountable for the fulfillment of Service Contracts to regional Customers, and for Service to Customers on a Break / Fix, Demand Service need.
- This FA Field Service Engineer will work in the Customer Service Business Unit, Factory Automation area of Field Service reporting to the Operations Manager for Factory Automation Field Service.
- Overall responsibility in this role is to perform direct Field Service and support functions to Customer sites, to assist other Field Engineers with large tasks, and to provide startup and commissioning support to the Projects team(s).
- Applies creative and advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
- Specific job tasks and functions.
- Ensure safe job practices are being followed, filing Daily Safety Brief form before work begins each day.
- Provide scheduled and emergency support remotely or onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support
- Perform s/w version updates for on-site customers.
- Complete broad scope of product and systems support including configuration, installation, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting and evaluation of customer equipment, systems, and applications.
- Integration of computer hardware and software.
- May manage sub-contractors and monitor delivery.
- Program customer requested system changes in function blocks, Sequential Function charts, Ladder logic, graph, and statement lists.
- Ensure backup(s) and archives of client systems are kept current.
- Develops and submits daily field reports covering all job activity.
- Guides the maintenance of Siemens Factory Automation Control systems, test equipment, calibration items, etc.
- Will assist in the planning and estimating of labor categories, rates, material dollar costs, transportation expenses and per diem rates to help with the completion of proposals.
- Guides training of customers to maintain and adjust complex equipment.
- Guides the review of task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout task duration.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in engineering, computer science, Industrial Controls or other technical field. Certification may be required in some areas.
- 4-6 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- 50-75% travel required.
- Experience with Siemens Factory Automation, TIA-portal
- Good troubleshooting and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of PLC(s), Control systems, theories, applications, and automation principles and concepts.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in the Industrial manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Siemens Factory Automation and networking is preferred.
- Siemens Drives experience is a plus
- German language skill is a plus.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.