Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We want to join us a Project Manager for Interlocking specific application.
Within Interlocking CoC in the Engineering Department of Siemens Mobility Spain (Siemens Mobility SLU + Siemens Rail Automation)
Drives the Application Engineering of Interlocking for Customer Projects, leading a team of high qualified engineers.
Design, implementation and commissioning of complex technical solutions of Interlockings, complying with the project specific requirements.
Drives Innovation, Tools used, lessons learned and Continuous improvement for the complete engineering process as well as for the design to cost for the projects.
• Manage headcount, deliverables, schedules and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated, and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
• Ensure design, implementation, tests and commissioning, meet project requirements including formal review meetings, communicating project status, identifying and reporting any possible risk, reacting accordingly and redefining projects.
• Define, plan and agree with internal/external customer project scope, schedule, milestones, budget and deliverables, meeting internal and external customer expectations and commitments.
• Controlling and executing project management according to our Engineering/Company processes and targets.
• Effective coordination of all the areas involved in the project, other delivery managers, hardware team and technical office.
• Understand specific interlocking requirements as set by customer and reconcile any deviation.
• Implementation of interlocking specific application according to the generic application rules.
• Creation/Maintain design documentation according to EN50128 and 50126.
• Provide direct and ongoing leadership for a team of highly-skilled interlocking engineers responsible for architecting, designing, implementing, testing and commissioning complex hardware and software solutions.
• Provide people-care management for assigned team members, including setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching and career development; ensures that proper knowledge and career development.
• Manage relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules and costs.
• Ensure team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with other engineering areas and Siemens Mobility departments.
• Proactively identifies areas of innovation, opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
• University or Bachelor degree in Electronics/Automation/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum experience of 5 years in railways signaling project management.
• Proven collaborator and effective communicator to a wide range or audiences
• Goal driven with customer orientation and team leadership.
• Proven experience on Rail market, following CENELEC standards, controlling the design and implementation process and supporting their commissioning.
• Good communicative and integrative skills, both written and oral. Our systems are developed in the context of large railway infrastructures and in international and multi-technology environments, where it is necessary to develop system integrations in heterogeneous environments, both human and technical.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to foster effective work in a cross-functional, multinational and diverse environment.
• Good business insight.
• Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Ability to inspire, encourage the team members to high level of motivation and commitment, to support and coach team individuals, to maintain team focus and meet targets together.
• Continuous improvement mind-set as a must.
Experience in the following technologies and fields of knowledge will be valued:
• Requirements management and systems engineering (tools type DOORS, Reqtify or similar).
• Application of RAMS requirements during the development of projects.
• Integration of Interlockings in railway systems.
• General knowledge of software development.
• Protocols and communication networks over TCP / IP.
• Communications protocols for industrial control.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.