Siemens is looking for a field service engineer to perform emergency repairs, warranty service, startup and commissioning support of electrical power distribution and control equipment. This person will work onsite at a customer location in Madison, WI, so the ideal location of this person would be in the Madison.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
• Correcting and logging resolution of client identified warranty and quality control issues.
• Provide operation and installation training.
• Providing technical support for field startup pretesting using typical electrical test equipment and program uploading, firmware update installation and operational operation testing of GUI PLC and Relay devices.
• Provide mechanical system repairs and modifications.
• Supporting administrative and planning meetings with clients and contribute to performance improvement.
• Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 10 years in diverse field service and / or industrial or construction engineering technical support.
• Strong background in 600V rated electrical power experience with most types of switchgear.
• Reading schematics and blueprints for power control, automation and customer technical support.
• Proficient in dealing with client interactions and completing projects on time and within budget guidelines
• Excellent customer service, time management and follow-up skills
• Must be self-directed and very committed to customer satisfaction
• Must be able to operate all types of test equipment
• Work effectively with internal and external customers and peers to resolve client issues
• Potential to travel is up to 75%.
• Valid driver’s license and record that meets company requirements
• Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work as required
• Availability for out-of-town work.
• Must have willingness to learn and accept feedback
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
• Must have mindset of continuous improvement
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.