Position Title: Product Engineering Mechanical Test Engineer II
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to neurovascular, percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
The Mechanical Test Engineer II will be part of the Product Engineering team, responsible for the successful design, development, and implementation of testing processes and equipment for our robotic platform that will change the future of healthcare. You will be a technical resource having responsibilities throughout the product lifecycle, such as developing test specifications, functional test equipment and process development, performing component and system-level testing, collecting, analyzing, and reporting results. You have a working knowledge of mechanical engineering design principles and machine design in regulated environments, preferably medical devices. You have demonstrated experience in design of simple subsystems, fixtures, performing mechanical testing, tolerance analysis, and reliability testing. You possess analytical skills in mechanical domain with experience assessing DFM/DFA/DFT. This is a collaborative opportunity where the individual works with and supports other engineers, functions, and teams as needed. Ideal candidate has supported design and development of complex electro-mechanical medical devices through hands-on testing, production support, developing work supports, tools, test fixtures, performing and presenting results from verification/validation tests.
· Mechanical and electromechanical test development including test processes, fixtures, work support, and mechanical inspection tools.
- Construct and manage BOMs, WI’s, and DMRs, prepare and implement ECO’s.
- Provide detailed design drawings and models for production level engineering requirements, including component specifications, procurement, inspection documents, and assembly instructions.
- Inspect and document parts using basic hand tools (caliper, micrometers, height gauge, comparator).
- Develop test protocols, test scripts, assemble mechanical components, perform engineering tests, and prepare detailed reports based on results of verification and qualification tests.
· Applies analytical and problem-solving methodologies aimed at guaranteed-by-design implementation.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering required, MSME preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in medical device industry or regulated environment experience required.
- Experience with plastic part design, injection molding, part inspection processes and tools required.
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience in test and measurement software development using tools such as LabView, Python, or MATLAB required.
· Experience inspecting mechanical parts using standard measurement tools.
- Machine design experience in precision moving parts and complex mechanisms highly preferred.
- Experience in the use of CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred) required.
- Experience in the design and analyses of test systems for robotics highly desired.
- Experience in Validation of Test fixtures/methods desired.
- Six Sigma Training / Certification desired.
- Limited travel may be required, less than 10% expected.
- Job duties limit working remotely. 80% on-site work expected.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.