At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
• Review/coordinate/verify switchboard and panelboard configurations from suppliers, sales, and contractors.
• Review and approve component configurations utilized within projects.
• Provide technical support in addressing order issues.
• Learn and apply technical solutions for sales / customer while complying with applicable building and manufacturing codes.
• Resolve order conflicts within team guidelines and goals.
• Document communications per our Quality / IMS systems.
• Improve procedures/processes used in project execution.
• Manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently and be flexible to shift priorities as required.
• Be attentive to details and provide quality output meeting customer requirements.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, or similar engineering field.
2. Possess basic level of technical knowledge with the application of electrical distribution products and systems.
3. Team player and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
4. Excellent communications skills to communicate with internal and external customers effectively and accurately.
5. Strong technical aptitude and analysis - ability to interpret technical product specifications and applications.
6. Proficient in both written and spoken English.
7. Experience with MS-Office applications.
Preferred Knowledge / Skills, Education and Experience:
1. 1-2 years’ experience within LV distribution or circuit protection field.
2. Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for LV Switchgear, LV Switchboard.
3. Application of electrical distribution products and systems.
4. Knowledge and experience with evaluating complex single line diagrams (SLD), relay PLC schemes, communication network diagrams (media & protocols).
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.