Early involving the Procurement and suppliers in the product development/ manufacturing process as well as monitoring current products in order to minimize the overall costs. Taking account of the interface partner functions for (product) development. production, quality, logistics and material group management (commodity management) as information interchange and assisting in selecting the most efficient suppliers.
What are my responsibilities?
- Be actively and early involved in the product development / manufacturing process , understand the design request /requirement , drive the commodity strategy implementation in new parts selection and pushing forward cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, key data, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions , and prepare the material to fulfill the trial run / 1st batch of MP schedule.
- Prepare sourcing decisions with interface partners in order to incorporate technological know-how and safeguard security strategies.
- Assess and develop suppliers from the technological standpoint (if necessary, jointly with interface partners) to concentrate on the best suppliers.
- Initiate market observation on potential /promising technology /commodities which might be used in our future products. Co-work with CM /MST to review and prepare the relevant activities in advance and complete our commodity strategy to better support our new products.
- Include suppliers and conduct cost-benefit analysis workshops with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects.
- Be involved in and provide corresponding support for projects in lines of business in order to provide optimum input for quotes, workshops, scope of material (BoM assessment) and realization of potential for savings in the project.
- Support activities planned by the lines of business to harmonize and implement the technological line-of-business strategies with procurement strategies.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Prior experience in procurement process, NPI sourcing, project milestone/work packages management is preferred
- The candidate must be able to combine the know-how knowledge of design requirement engineering, commodity strategy, strong analytical capabilities, and product total cost optimization.
- Strategic thinking and growth mindset
Education & experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Electronics /automation major is preferred
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industrial Automation Products Ltd., Chengdu
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time