We make real what matters
Siemens Division Smart Infrastructure with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organization, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Smart Infrastructure Division.
As a UX expert, your role requires a strong understanding of user experience best practices and hands on experience with interaction design, visual design, information architecture, user research and UX strategy as well as proven collaboration and project management skills. To apply this knowledge within an established industrial domain and to optimize our product development workflows make this position unique.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our global in-house UX team to advocate to a cross functional team the needs of the user, namely our stakeholders that work at the forefront with our products. You will be working across disciplines, organizational and geographical boundaries. Your challenge will be to take large, powerful and complex applications and transform them into simple, intuitive and compelling experience that modern user expectations demand, you will wear many UX hats and take the initiative to develop a variety of UX deliverables from personas to mock-ups as well as design governance and best practice documentation and where needed contribution to UI design at all levels including the visual language of our design system where needed.
Your new responsibilities
- Lead the complete redesign of our B2B products by following a UCD process from the collection of requirements to the development of concepts and final designs
- Act as our link between the UX Team, the Fire Safety Product Management and the Research and Development department
- Be the user advocate throughout the entire product development cycle – by putting the user first, but also by taking into consideration business and technical constraints
- Keep a high-level vision in mind while creating comprehensive wireframes and high-fidelity mockups
- Develop UX artifacts (user stories, user journeys, flow diagrams, clickable prototypes, UI specifications etc.)
- Scope, plan and conduct user testing to evaluate and validate concepts and designs. Plan and moderate design sprints and stakeholder workshops
- Collaborate with other UX team members to align design concepts across our products as well as mentoring junior team members
- Help the UX team to evolve our Design System and advocate for UX across the organization
Your skills and experience
Your academic background:
- A Masters's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
Our must haves:
- At least 5 years of industry experience as a UX designer/Interaction designer with a strong portfolio of work demonstrating core interaction and visual design skills
- Your experience when it comes to the design of (hardware-) product workflows is clearly visible
- Demonstrated expertise with modern design tools, with the ability produce high-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Experience in collaborating in a global cross functional setup across product management, engineering and marketing. We are looking for someone who is comfortable challenging the status quo and be an integral part of our cultural transformation and advocating for UX in the organization
- English Business fluency is a must.
Our nice to haves:
- Experience in designing complex systems, preferably in a B2B setup
- Experience or interest in designing IoT based systems
- German or knowledge of any additional language is a plus
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.Video Siemens in Zug
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time