As Head of Procurement China – Electrical Products, you are responsible for initiations, guides, coaches and supports Procurement activities for China Segment to develop and maintain an excellent performance with people development and sustainable profits and growth.
What are my responsibilities?
• Manage, guide, coach and support Procurement Managers from locations in China to synchronize sourcing strategies for key material segments in line with China Segment business strategies.
• Develop the procurement strategy & facilitate implementation of top-down target information (BTI) with Procurement managers in all assigned locations in accordance with China Segment goals, implement and continuously execute performance controlling to make results transparent and control purchasing activities on a result orientated basis with sustainable way.
• Coordinate China Segment programs in China, initiate improvement activities to achieve continuous development.
• Drive process standardization, provide information, facilitate and ensure transfer of methods and tools to ensure realization in China and represent China Segment Procurement interests in HQ.
• Support Commodity Management (HQ) by identifying potential pooling of demand opportunities for selected material fields and suppliers for further procurement review, using market, material and supplier portfolio analysis collected from assigned countries and coordinate with other team members to implement actions for further negotiations with potential key strategic suppliers.
• Initiate and drive productivity (e.g.CNI) and synergies (e.g. CoO). Develop bold moves programs and bring China Segment Procurement activities in China to next level, maximizing contribution to operating profit and China Segment Targets.
• Ensure reporting and controlling of defined information and figures to create transparency in Procurement activities.
• Foster & upgrade supplier lean, automation & digital capability and capacity to support the development of supplier management & supplier quality management.
• Develop & generate the opportunities to improve supplier productivity (e.g. SPS@supplier project) with the collaboration of procurement, R&D for supporting sustainable business growth.
• Maximize Supply Base source for Siemens new Products Roll out.
• Build up supplier planning & scheduling capability in sustainable & digital way (e.g. SupplyOn). Monitor and manage supplier delivery performance & delivery quality.
• Develop & generate the opportunities of E2E supply chain transparency to improve customer satisfaction continuously to support sustainable business growth.
• OEM&ODM Supplier management & development.
• Participating in BU working groups to inform oneself and others and exert influence accordingly.
• Actively support team members in complex and difficult procedures to ensure the success from the outsets and oversee the team member's development.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• > 10 years professional strategic procurement experience and more than 5 years product business experience with international exposure
• Minimum of 5 years in leadership role and managing teams
• Corporate unit working experience
• Very strong commitment to deliver value to the business & customer
• Result orientation with ownership & lead by example
• Strong E2E supply chain management background
• Strong communication skills, strategic thinking and self- driven
• Strong team spirit with respect, trust, honesty, openness & collaboration
• Have high level of social and leadership skills and be able to motivation a high-performance team
• Demonstrate working attitude continuously by being business focus, pro-active, “can do”, collaboration with colleagues and pragmatic.
• Proficient English skills in oral and written.
Please find more information on our organization at http://www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Electrical Apparatus Ltd., Suzhou
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time