In the United States, role can be based near any major U.S. city.
The role of the Global Life Science Business Head is to lead all segments and disciplines of the Life Science business. This individual should be capable to actively participate and influence cross functional teams governing the portfolio and the go to market strategy. Relationship development with customers and sales, execution and marketing organizations is needed to clearly understand customer needs and translate them into actionable requirements. Prioritisation of portfolio requirements and investment needs is a critical task to develop together with the business units.
The Global Life Science Business Head is reporting to the SI Head of Vertical Sales & Partner Development. The Life Sciences Head is the main interface to the Siemens Vertical Market for Pharmaceuticals and represents and promotes Smart Infrastructure’s interests in that body. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. This role actively pulses the industry to understand the competitive environment, anticipate market trends and demands, as well as developing and presenting business proposals for product / portfolio strategic initiatives, including development, partnering and acquisitions.
- Develop, advise and collaborate with senior management to determine overall Life Science business vision, strategy, policy and direction
- Get involved in setting strategic direction and communication to establish near and long-term goals and market strategy for the regional and global Life Science business
- Direct and conceptualise the development of marketing programs, channel and pricing strategies to ensure profitable growth and expansion of business. Guide and conceptualise the development of new products & solution sets within the business that are innovative, meet standards and profitability targets
- Build implementation plans with the Business Units for own development or acquisition
- Directly manage a team of portfolio and business development managers and indirectly guide multiple levels of Life Sciences managers across the globe. Provide specialized guidance or training support to professional staff
- Drive the successful planning and implementation of all required management activities leading to achievement of profitable growth, customer and employee satisfaction goals for the company
- Direct development projects within the business. Develop and manage key opinion leaders; identify and respond to trends impacting customers and markets
- Work with Marketing to create specific customer messaging and value propositions for target customer segments, collaborate with external agencies to create impactful promotional materials that include market data and country sales and marketing inputs
- Interact with senior management levels at a client and/or within own organization. Actively seek out and develop 3rd party partnering opportunities, especially in software. Identify and respond to competitors' strategies
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in related discipline and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred. Advanced degrees are desirable
- Demonstrated application of advanced expert knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures in all aspects of Life Science Solutions business, including laboratory and critical environments areas, both at regional and global level
- A track record of directly managing and leading regional Life Science business segment or regional field organization
- We are looking for a strong personality with a high level of dedication and resilience, being able to drive results in a complex and difficult customer environment
- We are looking for an inspirational leader with a hands-on approach who can radiate trust. The team will admire you and follow you, as you elevate and empower them to achieve new revenue levels
- Your working relationships in the past will have been balanced and sustainable. You stick to things in the long term
- Conceptual creativity, excellent presentation skills and the ability to take influence with any stakeholders will make you successful on all levels
- Willingness and ability to travel 20%- 40% of the time, both domestic and internationally
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.Video Siemens in Zug www.siemens.ch/employer Your application
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time