Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Technical Support Technician (TST) – MAX Magnet: Technical support technicians (TSTs) provide support to customers, field engineers and hospital based biomedical service technicians of MRI systems and related technologies. The TSTs leverage remote service capabilities and expert knowledge to remotely identify technical issues and provide detailed action plans to field based technicians. TSTs also support initiatives to continuously improve the quality of the service product. As a part of the RSC America organization, the TST will be responsible to provide remote or onsite support to customers from countries located within the Americas.
- In your role you will provide technical support to customers or CSEs for Magnet systems manufactured by Siemens Healthineers, triage the call through attempting remote diagnosis and/or remote repair using Help Lightning or other tools provided by the company.
- You will create notifications for incoming CSE/Customer calls, utilize real time task management for documentation of work performed and recommended action plan.
- You will proactively monitor Magnet Cooling parameters using SRS or other available tools and review systems with high liquid Helium boil-off rate to identify the root cause and provide recommendations to resolve it.
- You will initiate escalation process for critical issues. Carefully document each step and action taken toward a solution to ensure compliance of processes and provide retrospective analysis of the escalation, submitting potential complaints as appropriate.
- You will perform on-site repair of customer equipment when necessary.
- You will provide detailed explanations and presentations of outcomes to internal and external stakeholders when necessary.
- You will work on-call/stand-by or travel out of the assigned area as scheduled by the Operations Manager to meet obligations of customer contracts and to respond to emergencies.
- You will Work in cross-functional teams and participate in quality reviews of service activity
- You will collaborate with the factory and product support to improve serviceability and documentation.
- You will participate in trainings and workshops
- You will work various shifts, support
standby and weekend rotations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years MR Magnet Technology experience; including experience in a Medical Technology industry
- Willing to travel up to 30% both domestic and international.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5 - 8 years of experience working in medical imaging industry.
- Factory trained in Magnet Service – Advanced training including magnet de-icing, coldhad replacement, Magnet cooldown and shim calculation
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.