Data plays an essential role in the future of mobility. Our Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) group has been at the forefront of turning data into solutions since our pioneering work with roadside units (RSUs). Today, ITS is a significant stakeholder in U.S. Department of Transportation-funded connected vehicle (CV) projects across the country, and our big-data solutions are reshaping the mobility operating system. Offering advanced traffic management systems and traffic controllers, we help to balance an efficient road network, integrated fleet management, and end-user-centric multimodal transportation. In addition, our solutions are making transportation infrastructure more intelligent – capable of predicting and self-correcting mobility challenges in real-time. Maintains street level plant and equipment daily including concrete ground boxes, poles, and various containers housing traffic signal switching and other electrical equipment.
Yunex Traffic (formerly Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems) seeks to hire a Groundman to support our field operations in Miami, FL. The Groundman assists with installation and maintenance of cables, fibers, and cameras associated with traffic signal and street light systems. You will work closely with engineering technicians to provide optimum maintenance services to agency customers. The crew will occasionally work overtime and working outside is to be expected. If you have a background with electrical work or road construction, we'd love to have you apply & join our team!
- Utilizes hand tools, shovels, and concrete equipment when maintaining, removing or installing new underground conduit and related equipment.
- Maintains street level equipment including concrete ground boxes, poles, and various containers housing traffic signal switching and other electrical equipment
- Operates hydraulic bucket truck when needed.
- Performs maintenance on traffic signal equipment and other housings when needed, utilizing hand and power tools.
- Mixes & pours concrete on new installations.
- Set up and break down traffic control devices as per State specifications
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a ground laborer, utilizing shovels and other hand tools.
- May be required to get IMSA Work Zone Safety, IMSA Level I certification, and bucket truck operator certification.
- Have the ability to lift and move equipment weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam and drug test, have a valid driver's license, and insurance
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.