The Procurement Category Manager is a key contributor to the reliability of Siemens’s customer owned vehicles by sourcing direct materials and services required throughout the vehicle’s lifecycle. This position is in the Mobility Customer Services business unit which provides Maintenance services, Spare Parts, Digital services, and Upgrade services for Siemens Light Rail, Passenger Locomotives, and Passenger Coaches throughout North America.
The Category Manager is a member of the Strategic Procurement team within Mobility, Customer Services, US and reports into the Procurement Manager, Categories. The Strategic Procurement team is based in McClellan, CA. Remote work arrangements are available for this position.
The Procurement Category Manager is responsible for executing departmental and project objectives including but not limited to:
- Developing RFPs, qualifying potential suppliers, determining appropriate strategies for sourcing, facilitation of eEvents
- Successfully negotiate agreements with suppliers. Ensure business and supplier adherence to existing agreements.
- Utilize critical thinking skills, analysis tools, spreadsheets, and collaboration to assess spend and opportunities
- Own the relationship with the supplier for CS business by driving performance and innovation, facilitating business reviews, pursue corrective actions and claims, maintaining active pricing, and assessing risk.
- Identify opportunities, implement actions, and clearly document results
The Category Manager must collaborate with Internal Customers to ensure customer care and early involvement.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum 5 years of successful experience in, and related to Strategic Sourcing or Category/ Commodity Management
- Strong analytical ability including Excel proficiency
- Highly collaborative self-starter
- Available to travel up to 10%
- Technical requirements to include familiarity with digital platforms and reliable home internet
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.