Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our 700 employees manufacturing facility in Grand Prairie, TX. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing, managing, and coordinating the factory supplier quality program. This position must possess knowledge of data analysis techniques to resolve complex supply chain issues, and a continuous improvement and proactive mindset in driving down risk to the product and customer.
• Coordinating suppliers and verifying their quality standards are in accordance with Siemens requirements.
• Identify technical problems with suppliers, find root cause and implement corrective actions, as well as actively working on improving suppliers’ performance.
• Maintain accurate supplier quality records and databases. Monitor supplier quality performance and report results to management.
• Travel to assigned suppliers and perform regular supplier audits to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and verify their qualifications, as well as actively participating in strategic supplier development and lead multiple projects to completion.
• Monitoring engineering changes and coordinating with engineering and process quality engineers for approvals. Execute vendor PPAPs (Product Part Approval Process) and ensure they are completed on-time.
• Create incoming inspection plans and activate parts for inspection.
• Support production, incoming inspection, and warranty departments on the resolution of supplier issues. Communicate with suppliers for resolution of non-conformances, ensure corrective actions are implemented and credit for non-conforming product is provided in a timely manner.
• Maintain successful relationships with suppliers, engineering, manufacturing, and regulatory departments
• Lead the development and implementation of supplier management programs. Implement quality improvement projects assigned by manager.
• Monitor, communicate, and track suppliers’ deviations to ensure corrections are implemented before the deviation expires.
• Track vendor returns and ensure material in the non-conforming area is disposed of in less than 40 days.
• Ensure that the supplier quality program is in accordance with the requirements of the factory’s ISO Standards.
• Collaborate with team to identify and implement process improvements.
• Obtain Siemens internal auditor certification and perform internal audits in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
2 plus years’ experience working as a Quality or Manufacturing Engineer in a Manufacturing environment.
3. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
4. Demonstrated experience using an ERP Software; SAP preferred.
5. Excellent analytical, root cause and corrective action techniques.
6. Ability to inspect and measure items for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment, and functional operation. Must be able to utilize various inspection tools and equipment including but not limited to: Calipers, Micrometers, Tape Measures, XRF Meter, Custom Fixtures, Digital Equipment, etc.
7. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well in teams, ability to make the right judgments and decisions. Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
8. Strong platform, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels.
9. Ability to multitask, prioritize, self-learn, and manage time efficiently.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Knowledge of metrology techniques for inspection and validation of parts.
2. Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
3. Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 standard
4. Internal auditor certification.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.