Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
We’re on the threshold of the fourth industrial revolution. As automation evolves into digitalization, forward-looking companies will outcompete and prosper. This digital transformation depends on our Industrial Communication, Identification and Locating technology, and in closing the gap between the real and the digital worlds. We’re seeking an individual with the drive to transform Canadian industry with world-class technology.
As Sales Specialist for the Industrial vertical within our Digital Connectivity and Power segment, your technical sales expertise will be focused on expanding the use of our Communication, Identification and Locating portfolio across Canada.
What will you do?
- Ensure a high-quality customer experience at every opportunity
- Drive the adoption of the Siemens Communication, Identification and Locating portfolio
- Lead and support the sales process including presentations, relationship-building, proposal preparation and closing
- Identify, develop, and manage small, large, and complex opportunities, engaging technical resources as needed
- Co-manage opportunities with Area Sales (internal), and Distribution Channel (external)
- Attend and host trade shows, webinars, and other promotional events representing Siemens
- Prepare formal bid packages / tender responses and solutions
- Plan & coordinate with internal businesses to develop opportunities, and provide market feedback
- Achieve sales targets, maintain healthy and accurate pipeline, follow reporting guidelines
What will you need to succeed?
- 3+ years sales and selling experience in a similar environment is required, including direct selling, and through channel partners
- Proven track record including consistent achievement of sales targets
- Entrepreneurial spirit with integrity and strong planning and execution skills
- Customer, and quality focused with proven ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of a customer organization
- Experience with all stages of direct and indirect sales including demand generation, proposal preparation, negotiation, closing, and after sales support
- Comfortable and experienced managing opportunities with long and short sales cycles
- Strong verbal communicator with excellent writing skills
- Exceptional presentation skills, ability to engage audiences on technical subjects
- Familiarity with industrial automation as it applies to Discrete and Process Industries, operations, and systems, including: Manufacturing, Machine Building, Food & Beverage, Chemicals, Mining, Automotive, Oil and Gas and other key vertical markets.
- Strong technical aptitude in networking (wired, wireless, serial, etc.), RFID, and familiarity with related technologies (RTLS, IIoT, edge computing, cybersecurity, etc.)
- Strong analytical and diagnostics skills an asset
- Travel required
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.