We are looking for an entrepreneur and someone that questions status quo. This is a product management role responsible for residential and commercial surge products and residential steel enclosures within Siemens Smart Infrastructure operating company, Electrical Products business unit. This role will be responsible for UL67 enclosures and UL1449 residential products portfolio management and will include focus on portfolio strategy, product roadmaps, new product introductions, pricing, and overall product lifecycle management. This is an excellent role for an experienced product management professional in the electrical
industry, or for an individual with an engineering, business marketing or sales background
that has a strong aptitude and desire for product portfolio management responsibilities.
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, possess strong communication and
teamwork skills and have experience in the electrical industry.
What you will do:
The overall responsibility of this position is to manage Siemens surge and steel enclosures product portfolio for the NAFTA market. As stated above, this position will have heavy
focuses on portfolio strategy, product roadmap development /management, project
management, launching new products, pricing strategy and general product lifecycle
management from inception to obsolescence. This is a cross-functional role that
will involve regular coordination with many departments including but not limited to R&D,
application engineering, marketing, sales, logistics, pricing, finance, and data
management. Estimated travel in this role is approximately 20%. Some international travel is also expected.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes
personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually
improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act
as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a
wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the
career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the
opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a
company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Required Skills, Experience, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Management or Business Marketing
- 10+ years of experience in professional work environment.
- 7+ years of product management, marketing, sales, logistics or R&D experience
- preferably with electrical or electromechanical products.
- Proven experience in product lifecycle management (PLM) or general project
- Strong technical aptitude - ability to interpret and author technical product
- Excellent communication skills - verbal / non-verbal and technical / non-technical.
- Strong data analysis, problem solving, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage product management activities per a schedule.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (~20%).
What will set you apart from the others:
- Knowledge and experience with circuit protection products, specifically circuit breakers
- and electronic trip units.
- Intermediate level of skill and capability with SAP and Web Focus (formerly Business
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Management with an electrical or
- mechanical focus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the
future for employment in the United States.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is
a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join
Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to
- Extensive training along with career development.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to
technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.