The position of Head of Operations for Distributed Energy Systems (DES) will be responsible for leading the Engineering, Construction, Operations & Maintenance, and Asset Management functions withing Siemens DES business line. DES solutions comprise and incorporate applications such as cogeneration, small power generation, renewable energy, microgrids, and energy storage. The Head of DES Operations will have direct management responsibility for excellence across engineering and project management and operations and maintenance functions within the DES business.
This position will report directly to the Head of Siemens Energy Performance & Services business. This person will manage a team of line managers across the key DES operational functions. Operational coverage responsibility will span all of the U.S. and its territories.
- Oversee engineering, project and construction management teams responsible for conceptual and preliminary engineering through construction and commissioning activities for all DES technologies, with a focus on renewable hybrid and microgrid projects.
- Lead and grow asset management / operations & maintenance team and capabilities across Siemens and third-party constructed DES projects.
- Reporting responsibilities to Business Leader and above across all areas of responsibility
- Management and accountability for key operational metrics such as revenue, slip, WHSE, etc.
- Project management and operational excellence across all DES technologies with a primary focus on hybrid power (e.g. solar/storage) and microgrid applications
- Work closely with DES origination and development team to achieve aggressive business growth targets
- 15 years+ of industry leadership experience, with strong operational, project management focus and executive level engagement in the renewable/distributed energy space. Comprehensive knowledge of the U.S. Construction market in the power systems is a must.
- Position will have targets on annual budget accuracy, revenue, slip, WSHE, etc. with senior-level responsibility for meeting objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field; Higher education in electrical disciplines is a plus
- Experienced in contract compliance and negotiation, specifically EPC contracts
- Experience coordinating diverse technical. multidisciplinary teams
- Experience working with project finance organizations and adhering to financial industry construction standards
- Project development experience in the power industry is a plus
- Expertise in the energy industry, specifically complex, hybrid project development and construction is a plus
- Deep understanding of state and federal regulatory constructs in the Power sector
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel ~25%
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.