As a Senior Embedded Software Developer at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), you will be
responsible for shaping the future of mobility by joining an R&D team in the domain of Traffic Control
Devices that support our nation’s infrastructure. These customer-facing industrial products interact
with sensors and signals at each intersection and effectively act as an IoT device. Traffic controllers
have interfaces to other on-site devices such as V2I/V2X Roadside Units (RSU) or detectors,
communicating with a central system to control and optimize the flow of traffic in metropolitan areas.
You will join an established agile software team that is primarily dedicated to developing traffic control
applications for our core products. You will participate in solving real-world problems by creating
innovative yet reliable software and system solutions. You will have the opportunity to build your
skillset and gain experience in the traffic and mobility domain while developing high-quality software,
contributing to the safety of drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists while improving travel times across the
At Siemens, our mission is to make life better for people – positively impacting the quality of life of
millions of American drivers by making traffic flow safely and efficiently.
▪ Elicit user and technical requirements using our UX process together with systems engineers
▪ Define a suitable design and test approach to meet quality and reliability expectations
▪ Develop the traffic control codebase in light of customer expectations and industry standards
▪ Identify and optimize system-level code, enabling communication across several network protocols
▪ Improve the integration and simulation environment and increase test depth and automation
▪ Innovate and enable future product options and build bench strength for long-term growth
▪ Contribute to product success and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
▪ BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a comparable science, technology, or
▪ 8+ years of demonstrable experience and impact developing customer-facing SW in a team setting
▪ 5+ years of demonstrable experience and expert proficiency developing in C
▪ Advanced understanding of system programming for Linux and low-level communication
▪ Demonstrable understanding of agile methods, requirements engineering, SW architecture, design
patterns, embedded software specifics, test-driven development, integration and system testing
▪ Proven multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
▪ Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
▪ Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
▪ Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
▪ Demonstrable understanding of network protocols, multithreading, and IPC concepts/ methods
▪ Assembly language experience and knowledge of low-level processor architecture & design
▪ Demonstrable understanding of SNMP, IoT device management, and related technologies
▪ Experience in the traffic domain
▪ Competitive compensation
▪ Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
▪ All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
▪ 401k with 6% company matching
▪ Education reimbursement programs available
▪ Extensive product training and professional career development
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified
applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for
employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.