Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Siemens Canada Limited, Ruggedcom is a leader in the development of rugged communications networking and security solutions designed for mission critical applications in harsh environments. We are an innovative, rapidly growing company where you'll find an exciting, dynamic work environment and significant opportunity for personal growth (not to mention a very competitive benefits package!).
We are currently looking for a Presales Team Lead based in our Concord, GTA, Ontario location, who would report directly to our Head of System & Sales Support. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent analytical skills, who can multi-task on various projects, who is experienced in leading international and diverse teams and has exceptional organizational skills. You will have specific responsibilities for managing a team who is supporting Siemens Ruggedcom Ethernet network portfolio - switches, routers, serial servers, network management systems, cybersecurity solutions and wireless products.
What will you do?
- Leading the international presales consultants team including resource and budget planning, team development, defining and tracking of KPI’s.
- Establish and develop Ruggedcom presales processes at our headquarter in Concord, Canada.
- Implementing and executing the Siemens Ruggedcom presales strategy.
- Collaboration with the business unit / segment management in the sales regions, the headquarter in Germany, sales force, service hubs, post sales, sales development teams etc. to secure a high-class presales support for Ruggedcom.
- Establishing a technical community between presales, professional services, and aftersales teams.
- Providing mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Consolidation of market and product requirements including feedback to product management regarding product and feature enhancements.
- Provide and secure the knowledge transfer to and within the Ruggedcom Presales Consultant Team.
- Secure the Ruggedcom presales support at fairs and sales events.
- Provide technical presales consulting for the Ruggedcom product suite and our key industries Electric Power, Transportation, and Oil & Gas, working together with Siemens resources and customers globally including escalation management of pre- and aftersales requests.
- Provide Ethernet network designs, responses to RFP’s and RFI’s, proof of concepts, communication, and cyber security solutions for large-scale projects.
- Support the preparation of product specifications, white papers etc.
- Log and track requests in presales reporting and tracking systems.
What you will need to succeed?
- Working knowledge of configuring, implementing, proof of concept, troubleshooting, testing and design of the following Data networking and wireless technologies:
- Detailed knowledge on Ethernet networks for the Industry, Utility, Transportation and Oil & Gas market.
- Well-rounded technical expertise covering industry standard technologies and protocols with solid switching, routing, and network security background.
- TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VPN/Firewalls/Cyber Security
- Routing protocols – OSPF (Strong), BGP, RIP, VRRP
- Network Security – Firewalls, IDS, SSL/TLS, PKI
- Network Management Systems
- Wireless WiFi technologies: 11a/b/g/n, WiMAX
Special consideration will be given to candidates with the following attributes:
- Holder of a bachelor’s / master’s degree in electrical engineering or a comparable degree.
- Several years of professional experience (8 years+) in service & support consulting, including one function change (business development, regional company, sales, …).
- Several years of professional experience (2-5 years) in budget planning, target agreements, leading international teams etc.
- Experience in the Electric Power, Transportation and/or Oil & Gas industry
- Demonstrated self-starter with excellent communication skills acting as customer interface while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.