Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
We require an experienced Commissioning Engineer to join our team. The Commissioning Engineer will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on next generation diesel or electrical locomotives, coaches or full train consists. Our vehicles are connecting cities around the world. The Field Service group is working close together with our customers, all Siemens Mobility Departments worldwide and our Field Service Teams on Site. The main goal of the Commissioning Engineer is to work with our complete Siemens team to engineer, build, thoroughly test and commission our products to achieve high customer satisfaction and a reliable product. You will be planning, preparing, instrumenting and execution of test on our rail vehicles as well as writing test reports.
You will work for 2-3 months hands-on in Sacramento on our Locomotives and Coaches and transition over to Montreal once the Field Site starts. Your home base will be Montreal QC and the foreseen test campaigns will be executed in the Field, on specific test centers or on the customer alignment.
- Willingness to work “hands on” to instrument, commissioning and execute tests.
- Develop an expert role in commissioning of Siemens Electric and Diesel Locomotives and passenger coach cars.
- Develop an expert role in combining Locomotive and Coach commissioning into a trainset approach.
- Develop detailed technical testing plans for upcoming projects and create detailed test reports for system qualification during commissioning process.
- Planning, preparing, instrumenting and execution of test as well as writing test reports.
- Identify and drive the purchase of equipment and tooling required for commissioning.
- Collaborate with Siemens Engineering, Production, Scheduling, Project Management and Quality Management to streamline commissioning processes.
- Provide technical expertise to field service teams.
- Develop commissioning schedules and track progress against schedule
- Develop and implement a training program for locomotive and coach commissioning.
- Mentor Field Service Technicians on commissioning best practices.
- Contribute and communicate technical feedback to Engineering to drive optimal reliability and maintainability of the product.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in related Engineering discipline
- Min. five years of successful experience in rail or related industry
- Complex product commissioning experience.
- Leadership skills showing the ability to counsel, coach, develop, and motivate staff.
- Teambuilding and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work across multiple systems and develop core competencies beyond engineering field of study.
- Strong skills in reading electrical schematics.
- Ability to learn new software programs in a continuously evolving environment.
- Rail industry field service or commissioning experience
- Good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Very good knowledge of English both written and spoken
- Ability to travel internationally
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.