At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
NOTE:During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Working for Siemens EDA will bring to bear your career and provide opportunities to explore new areas and exciting technologies. Candidates should be able to analyse requirements, design architecture, develop new software solutions, and support our current solutions. After the first three months, you will be expected to understand our workflow, integrate into our Agile Scrum environment, and be a competent and responsible team member.
As a C++ Senior Software Development Engineer, you will participate in developing breakthrough Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software, which is used by our customers to build a variety of outstanding products, from smartphones to satellite systems. We believe in Agile development, so our teams are encouraged to be self-sufficient and perform without the classical management structure. Furthermore, these teams foster a culture that allows everyone to express their views, be a contributor, and grow as a professional.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we want to meet you!
· Develop new functionalities and support the existing software solutions.
· Determine operational feasibility by analysing problem definitions, requirements, proposed solutions, and development options.
· Analyse requirements and contribute to all levels of the architecture.
· Participate in software design and code reviews, provide guidance to your teammates, and help develop new talents.
· Collaborate within and outside your Agile team in an international environment.
· Balance engineering creativity with high quality and customer focus.
· Be a problem solver, demonstrate tact, and remain assertive in difficult situations.
· Bachelor’s, Master’s, or higher degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Electronics, or a related field.
· Excellent C++ knowledge with significant professional experience in C++ programming.
· Strong analytical skills and an understanding of advanced data structures and algorithms.
· Experience with object-oriented software design and design patterns.
· Experience with software testing, knowledge of Google Test preferred
· Experience in building sophisticated systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Solid communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
· Experience with software development best practices for the full engineering lifecycle.
· Excellent English language skills (verbal and written).
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens. Make real what matters.
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary, which often outperforms the market standard, we offer private medical care and life insurance, free car parking in Katowice centre, flexible working hours with the option to work from home part of the time, free access to the fitness club and bicycle parking in the same building, modern work environment with chill out zones and free English lessons at work.
At Siemens, everyone can bring their whole self to work. This is why we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Polska Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time