If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The Egyptian government and Siemens Mobility have signed a memorandum of understanding to design, install and commission the country's first high-speed rail system. This project will be handled as a Turnkey project involving Rolling Stock, Electrification and Signaling.
- As Specialist (f/m/d) you will evaluate depot system design, the functional layout and you define the maintenance equipment in complete solutions.
- You will draft technically binding tenders and concepts and evaluate tenders’ responses received from subcontractors.
- In addition, you will adapt the system concepts to project-specific requirements considering the mandatory regulations and standards
- Next to this, you will prepare and write technical documents based on the systems and equipment implemented during the project execution phase
- Besides, you will design and optimize the technical layout of depots and coordinate related activities with the subsystems involved within the project.
- Moreover, you will be responsible for calculation, delivery, installation, and commissioning of the maintenance equipment in line with project schedule and requirements.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You bring in a master’s degree in engineering, preferably in electrical engineering or machine construction.
- Also, you have mid-term experience in the planning of depots, railway maintenance work, maintenance equipment sourcing and implementation.
- Project experience in the context of international customer or development projects is as desirable as technical team leadership experience.
- You have fluent English skills; good knowledge of German and other foreign languages (e.g., Arabic) is an advantage.
- Due to the international orientation of the projects, mobility and willingness to travel is essential; this may also require long-term delegations.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Ms. Julia Krzystek.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time