Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
We are building up our Industry Manufacturing Cloud Business team, and we are looking to hire a Manager (m/f/d) for our Business Development team.
The Challenge and The Areas of Responsibilities
- You are co-responsible for the strategy and performance of the Mendix Business (ARR, logos, growth) in selected verticals of Siemens’ Digital Industries.
- You lead a small team for Business Development setting the priorities to successfully ramp-up and sustainably growth Manufacturing Cloud business and define the targets for related functions included in your responsibility
- You define the strategy about where to focus and how to engage in the marketplace via our go-to-market channels, partners and digital tools, in order to continuously increase the ARR, logos and growth of Mendix Industry business
- You identify and validate new business opportunities in the manufacturing industries in closed collaboration with other Siemens BU’s, verticals organizations and business segments (e.g. industry, country, channel-specific)
- You actively drive the successful transformation of the offering, business model and go-to-market in view of global market & digitalization opportunities as well as emerging industry trends.
- You drive definition on how to growth market shares vs. main competition including selected competitive intelligence activities.
- You define KPIs and build a balanced approach to supervise and measure our success (business performances) in the industries cloud business, identify improvement areas and help define specific measures to implement (short-/mid-term)
- You support creation of executive presentations, operational and financial reports
- You support the definition of M&A targets, benchmark activities etc.
- You work closed with the other groups within Mendix organization and the representative of our go-to-market channels.
- As a leader, you will listen, empower your teams to contribute, foster collaboration and focus on the customer
You define the strategy and engagement model for a profitable and sustainable growing business leveraging the vast opportunities in the manufacturing industries. You shape the transformation of our today’s business and organization to succeed in the defined areas.
- Proven, successful track record in defining the strategy to build and grow new business, improvement areas and synergies creation in the Industry Business.
- Management experience – leading a small team of people, ideally in different regions.
- Ability to navigate in complex organizations, identify and build a collaboration environment with the relevant stakeholders.
- Proven ability to analyze data, understand areas of improvement and structure measures
- Ability to create and expand trust across people and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, a strategic-innovative mindset and a strong results orientation.
- A high level of communications skills and a proven ability to structure executive and presentations and present relevant business content.
- Academic degree in engineering, business or other related fields.
- Excellent knowhow of MS Tools and presentation techniques is required
- Experiences with SalesForce and SAP for monitoring of business performances
- Fluency in English and German – additional languages are always an asset
- High motivation in supporting shaping the future of our Mendix business.
Do you want to join a company that truly changes the way of software development and that finally bridges the gap between business and IT? Then apply now.Our culture
We consider our people as people - not assets, we’re passionate about results – not “boxes” and “rules”, we’re all outstanding, and we want you to be yourself, we celebrate success as a team, and we care about your personal and professional development!#li-jl1
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time