Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
Siemens EDA is part of Siemens Digital Industries and is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
Join our team as “Senior Java Software Development Engineer” from our office in Katowice, Poland. We consider a mix between working remotely from home and meeting the team in the office.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by
As a Senior Java Software Development Engineer, you will participate in developing breakthrough Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software, which is used by our customers to create a variety of amazing products, from smartphones to satellite systems. We believe in Agile development, so our teams are expected to be self-sufficient and perform without the classical management structure. Furthermore, these teams foster a culture that allows everyone to express their views, be a contributor, and grow as a professional.
- Develop new competitive functionalities and support the existing software solutions
- Determine operational feasibility by analyzing problem definitions, requirements, proposed solutions, and development options
- Analyze requirements and contribute to all levels of the architecture
- Participate in software design and code reviews, provide guidance to your teammates, and help develop new talents
- Collaborate within and outside your Agile team in an international environment
- Balance engineering creativity with high quality and customer focus
- Be a problem solver, demonstrate tact, and remain assertive in difficult situations
- Be on the forefront of development practices and technologies
What do you need to realize what matters?
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or higher degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Electronics, or a related discipline
- Excellent Java knowledge with significant experience in Java programming
- Excellent analytical skills and an understanding of advanced data structures and algorithms
- Experience with the client-server architecture
- Ability to work with either front-end or back-end side
- Experience with object-oriented software design and design patterns
- Experience in building complex systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others
- Experience with software development best practices for the full engineering lifecycle
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of electronics domain will be a plus
What we offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits (Lunch Subvention, Holiday Allowance, Medical Care, Sport Card, Life Insurance)
- Extra paid vacation days
- Work on implementations as product producer (Siemens) not a partner company
- Interesting and challenging career path within Siemens
- Support with relocation (candidate outside of Katowice)
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. We are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software Homepage:
Siemens Digital Enterprise videos:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Polska Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time