Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Railway Depot Civil Interface Manager for Siemens Mobility Egypt position to join our Project Team in Egypt. This is an excellent career opportunity for Railway Depot Civil Interface Manager from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Join Siemens Mobility and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented!
- In your new position, you will be responsible for the interface coordination between Civil Contractor and Siemens System Depot Workshop Equipment Scope at design and construction phase in Railway Turnkey Projects.
- You will coordinate the integration process of the Depot Workshop Equipment (e.g., Underfloor Wheel Lathe, Washing Plant, Roof Working Platforms, Compressed Air System etc.) into the Civil Structure together with the consortium partner (e.g., track work), the involved civil companies and consultants for the depot.
- You will be responsible to coordinate all civil related interfaces between Siemens System scope and the involved civil companies at the depot.
- You will interact with the Siemens project team, the Siemens Engineering lots with relevant departments inside the Siemens organization (such as Commercial, legal, Project Management), the consortium, civil companies, architect’s offices, and consultants.
- Contributes to depot related field design changes, non-conformance reports, requests for information, and documentation.
- Contributes to subjects such as negotiating contract change orders.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate!
- You bring in a completed master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering or Construction Management. Alternatively, other Engineering degree welcome, if experience is given by long period practice in railway related projects
- Minimum 5 years Rail transportation experience in design and construction of transit improvement projects (stations/ wayside and depots).
- We presume knowledge in the areas of offer and interface management as well as tender and contract analysis, while further knowledge in track construction / system knowledge railway is desirable.
- Furthermore, you have technical assessment competence for planning and system design of structural and civil engineering works for railway infrastructure (e.g., engineering structures and associated railway installations).
- Good command of spoken and written Arabic, English (Business Level) round off your profile.
- Willingness for business trips at home and abroad is required
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time