The Program Office Consulting Business Process Specialist will implement strategic direction, oversee a portfolio of projects, and lead specific projects within the SI EP NA business segment. Efforts will contribute to the overall targets for Safety, Quality, Delivery Reliability, Productivity, Inventory and Sales Growth as outlined by leadership team. The Business Process Specialist will influence and work closely with module leaders in manufacturing operations, engineering, product management, procurement, supply-chain (internal and external). The Consulting Business Process Specialist is expected to influence and contribute to the development of the strategic plans to optimize operations and related business processes.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Organize and lead periodic project meetings and review for projects
- Organize and lead benchmarking activities to determine gaps and potential short- and long-term improvements
- Consolidate project reporting into comprehensive summaries and related these results to business segment performance.
- Integrate projects under the program office into other key pillars such as lean, digitalization, customer focus and employee development.
- Work with other departments especially financial controlling to measure and track project’s targets and costs with financial acumen.
- Set and regularly adjust project targets based on business conditions, estimated savings/costs and measured results.
- Assist EP NA managers & leaders, attend project meetings, regularly assess progress, resource planning and assist in achieving team goals.
- Assess and recommend project resource for EP NA programs ensuring that project stay on track thru application of appropriate resources.
- Support business segment and sites in the LRBP, ABP and Forecasting process by providing estimates and targets.
- Communicate projects status and drive synergy cross sites with similar needs/operating conditions.
- Contribute to the broader Siemens continuous improvement by communicating and promoting success or lessons learned to accelerate overall organization performance
- Develop consulting competencies in key areas where Consulting Business Process Specialist demonstrates and teaches techniques, methods to other within EP.
1. BS Degree required, Engineering preferred.
2. Strong operations and technical background with minimum 5 - 8 years experience in manufacturing operations and/or manufacturing engineering.
3. Demonstrated project management excellence with large scale programs.
4. Strong business acumen and understanding of operational financial principles
5. Strong leadership and influencing skills with all levels – hourly employees to Executive Management.
6. Outstanding written and oral presentation/communication skills.
7. Strong MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Visio)
8. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
9. Demonstrated Lean, Continuous Improvement and/or Six Sigma background.
1. Master’s in engineering management or Business Administration (MSEM, MBA).
2. Certified Project Manager or Program Portfolio Manager.
3. Certified Continuous Improvement Capabilities – Lean, Six Sigma (DFSS, DMAIC),
4. Exposure and application of digital methods to initiate and execute streamlining in all processes and support systems (manufacturing, design, transactional)
5. Experience in strategic planning and deployment (Hoshin Kanri).
6. Experience with large scale business/engineering systems (ERP, Data Analytics, MOM/MES, …) and the associated integration/ operations execution.
7. Over ten years manufacturing/operations background in multiple roles and business environments.
8. Market exposure to industrial markets served by Siemens SI EP.
9. Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) and/or mature product cost optimization techniques.
10. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.