Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sustainability Manager to join us in Rail Infrastructure Siemens Mobility.
In this rewarding role, you will develop and oversee implementation of the sustainability strategy and assurance processes for the rail infrastructure business and have line management responsibility for a Sustainability Advisor.
This is your role:
The primary responsibility of the role will be to:
- Lead the development and delivery of the business’ Sustainability Strategy, and implementation of related workstreams including those related to social value; sustainable procurement; and corporate social responsibility
The role will also be expected to:
- Provide sustainability advice, guidance and support to colleagues involved in the preparation of bids and delivery of projects.
These responsibilities will be achieved through:
Forming collaborative relationships with:
- key functional team representatives (e.g.: in environment; procurement; human resources; safety; health & wellbeing; engineering; project management) across the Rail Infrastructure and Siemens Mobility business.
- sustainability counterparts in client businesses; other contractor organisations; supply chain partners and external customers
- documentation (procedures, management plans, etc)
- training materials
- performance data gathering and reporting
- knowledge sharing and lessons learnt.
What skills, experience and attributes are important for this job
- Experience in developing and implementing a Sustainability Strategy within a business
- Adept at identifying, driving and supporting multiple sustainability workstreams with a range of different partners
- Line management responsibility (formal or informal)
- Demonstrable professional experience and/or relevant degree, diploma or equivalent in related sustainability field (eg: environmental management, environmental engineering, supply chain management, social value, etc)
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of sustainability in a commercial environment encompassing economic, environment and social dimensions - ideally with specialist knowledge in one related field and general knowledge of others
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (eg: IEMA, CIWEM, IES, GACSO) and actively engaged in continuing professional development (CPD) activities
- Ideally experience in the construction, manufacturing or rail industries but this is not essential
- Willingness to work in both an office and site-based environment
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time