The Senior Controls Engineer position will be based at the Siemens Healthineers Mishawaka, IN location will be responsible for Design, Implementation, and validation of key projects to achieve the initiatives of productivity enhancement, business direction, and automated system control improvements. Provide technical support for the day-to-day operation of high-volume automated production lines. Identification and team support of key technology improvements. Provide administrative functions and oversight for production networks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strong troubleshooting and design skills for
o PLC (Rockwell) Automation (ControlLogix and Siemens/TI 505 based controllers).
o Robotics (Fanuc 4 and 5 axis, Adept SCARA).
o Servo Motion Control (Allen-Bradley;Siemens).
o Vision systems (Cognex).
o Connectivity medium administration and design (Ethernet IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, ProfiBus, RemoteI/O, and serial overmultiple medium), Enterprise Network architecture and compliance for ICS (Industrial Control Systems) including but not limited to (Server 2003 thru 2012, Network layout, Active Directory, IIS, Role administration, MsSQL; Invensys InSQL, IBM DB2 Database architecture, design, and maintenance).
· Provide full support for the automated manufacturing lines including, but not limited to
o The administration of the SCADA systems, Level 1 and 2 manufacturing equipment and instrumentation.
o Industrial labeling (SATO, Zebra, Intermec) and associated peripheral systems.
· Provide technical input for business and productivity initiatives.
· Provide training to skilled trades, production, and engineering staff in the setup, use, and maintenance of the manufacturing assembly systems in support of design changes.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to function as a team member and individual on projects.
· Identify opportunities for process improvements.
· Research and recommend new ICS technologies.
· Develops relationships and specifications with control hardware and/or software suppliers to meet project requirements.
· Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer requirements and related specifications.
· Directs integration of technical activities and products.
· Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
· Prepares interim and completion project reports.
· Analyzes, designs, modifies and/ or troubleshoots electrical components, subsystems, and control algorithms.
· Develops and/or produces cost effective control and instrumentation concepts to meet project requirements.
· Develops complete material list of parts required for design requirements.
- Ability to apply analytical methods to realize solutions.
- Consistently meets or exceeds commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS degree or equivalent experience (i.e. Electrical, Software disciplines).
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong trouble-shooting , design and programming skills for PLC's.
- Experience with vision systems(i.e.Cognex).
- Previous work experience in IQ/OQ/PQ and Process Validation.
- Protocols for Quality System (QS) Regulation/Medical Device.
- Good Manufacturing Practices within an FDA regulated environment that is ISO certified.
- Familiar with industrial or commercial control systems.
- TCP/IP protocols (Profinet, Profibus).
- Development, deployment, and/or management of IoT solutions.
- Programming experience (Siemens, Allen Bradley, C, C++, WinCC, Labview, Wonderware, SCADA, robotics automation and implementation).
- Must have a strong background in one or more of the following: Developing control hardware and firmware specs and/or Developing test plans for controls and product integration.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding.
- Must be self-directed and have excellent initiative and organizational skills
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Works well under stress with the ability to deliver on time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Control theory.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.