Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Electrical Engineer located in our Knoxville, TN development team.
Our Siemens Healthineers Molecular Imaging (MI) Electronics Research and Development team is looking for an ambitious professional who is eager to take the next step in his/her career by leading the component implementation and design transfer responsibilities which include:
- Leveraging strengths in working with people, data, and ideas to lead the development, production, and support of components used in Biograph PET/CT Scanners.
- Adapting and applying new technology and industry innovation to all elements of the Product Development Life Cycle (high-level design, component selection, circuit design, simulation, prototype evaluation, performance testing, lifecycle testing, system integration testing, and manufacturing launch) to achieve best-in-class performance and customer value.
- Performing project management activities (scope definition, estimation, budgeting, planning/scheduling, and tracking/control/reporting).
- Supporting integration testing of new hardware/software releases. Writing and executing test plans including verification, validation, Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), EMI/EMC qualification testing, with thorough documentation of test results and writing of summary reports. Creating defect reports in TFS defect tracking system and verifying fixes.
- Developing test hardware, fixtures, firmware, software, and scripts for automated testing of assemblies.
- Transitioning development programs to production and investigating production test anomalies. Directing service technicians on field issues and analyzing customer returns. Identifying quality problems and engaging in root cause analysis to prevent future occurrences.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience for success in this role:
- Academic: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Technical Skills: 10+ years of relevant work experience with a proven track record of contribution to products, projects, and processes consistent with responsibilities described above. Detailed examples of deliverables and accomplishments of multiple projects taken from concept to fruition.
- Leadership: Ability to lead and motivate team, coordinate work breakdown consistent with organizational vision and architectural structure, plan future activities, manage sustaining backlog, tracking, and control of team objectives.
- Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including maintaining thorough and accurate engineering records adhering to formal documentation practices required for medical device products and the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate to all levels of engineering with presentation to Executive Management as needed.
- Drive & Quality: Demonstrate a strong internal, self-motivated drive to produce high quality results in a timely fashion and continuously improve processes.
This position will suit you best if you are familiar with the Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience described below:
- Previous experience in electronics development for medical devices, FDA 21CFR Design Controls, or other highly regulated development environment.
- Leveraging system knowledge in fault isolation through troubleshooting techniques and root cause analysis with the use of test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.) and custom test sets.
- Experience with component evaluation, PCN/EOL alternative investigation, value engineering (cost reduction), and supply chain support of approved manufacturer’s part lists with consideration of component certification and regulatory requirements related to RoHS, REACH, PREP, and BIS.
- Certification as a Scrum Master or Product Owner in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Experience in collaborating with contract manufacturing suppliers through the New Product Introduction (NPI) process and with tier 2 material sub-suppliers.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.