Who We Are
Digital Grid Business Unit
Here at Siemens Digital Grid, our mission is to accelerate and secure the energy transition. We ensure a reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing, and all-electrifying energy world. Electrical energy makes the world go ‘round. No matter where power comes from or where it must go, we ensure it makes its way – every step of the way!
Grid Simulation Business Segment
Our Grid Simulation software portfolio is one of the cornerstones of the Digital Grid Business Unit, and of the entire power industry. Utilities use our Grid Simulation PSS® portfolio to design, model, simulate, and analyze power grids at every voltage level from Transmission to Distribution.
Did you know that over 70% of all electricity in the world flows through infrastructure that was planned or analyzed with our PSS® portfolio?
With the proliferation of distributed energy resources and the technical/regulatory/economic drivers behind them, power distribution is a particularly vibrant area that’s ripe for innovation & growth. Distribution System Operators (DSOs) are already facing new challenges around how they plan and operate their grids – and those challenges will continue to grow. For us here at Siemens, this means there are dynamic new opportunities to position and evolve our distribution grid planning & operations software to help our DSO customers meet an ever-changing set of needs. This vision is backed-up & prioritized by the highest levels in our organization. We are in an “invest & grow” mode.
What Will You Work On
We are seeking a Sales & Business Development Manager (S&BDM) who will be the worldwide sales entrepreneur for our portfolio of software products for Distribution System Operators. You will work in the global headquarters of a matrixed organization which consists of sellers in over 30 regional sales offices, as well as several resellers. The primary metric for success in this position is Order Intake. Some of the role highlights which will contribute to achieving yearly sales targets include:
- You will be the business development thought leader for your product
- For example, when a salesperson has a dry pipeline and needs help generating new leads for your product, you are the one who will brainstorm & coach them to better understand their market, how to position your product, how to generate new leads, and how to build funnel.
- You will be the sales initiative program owner/manager for your product
- For example, you will identify & design sales initiatives that support business growth objectives. You will roll-out those initiatives to our global sales team, and program-manage the initiatives to successful completion.
- You will ensure the global sales team has the appropriate level of enablement for your product
- That means proactively & continuously assessing enablement needs on the sales team, and ensuring those needs are satisfied.
- Sometimes you will be the one who provides the enablement, while other times you will work with a broader team of product managers, subject matter experts, and sales enablement professionals.
- You will be a key team member for key/big deals
- That means working alongside other members of the bid team to strategize on how we are going to steer a particular step in the sales process, respond to a customer comment/action during a bid, prepare for a highly important customer meetings, prepare for negotiations, etc.
- It also means helping to screen & improve the quality of written responses to technical questions from subject-matter-experts.
- You will support & accompany the sales/bid team in critical customer meetings
- You will play a leadership role in marketing your product
- You will identify marketing needs for the sales team, “own” those needs by bringing them to our marketing & PLM team, and working with them to drive/prioritize action.
- You will contribute content (non-technical) and help ensure that technical content from subject matter experts is articulated in a way that will resonate with customers. This means communicating around value propositions, MEDDICC Metric Proof Points, customer workflows/use-cases, benefits, problems, etc. in the language of the customer.
- You will be the bridge from the field to the PLMs
- You will be the primary interface between the sales organization and the product team.
- You will provide situational awareness to our product managers regarding what you / our sellers are seeing in the field, what we need to prioritize on our roadmaps, what are our gaps, how we can grow, etc.
- In the reverse direction, you’ll also help to roll-out new offerings / initiatives from the product managers into the sales team.
- You will be the global sales expert for distribution software products
- You will have an understanding of the distribution market on a global basis.
- You will recommend specific product needs on a regional basis as needed to be successful within a specific region.
- You will work with other business development thought leaders in the Grid Simulation software team to develop programs to maximize a total Siemens solution within the market.
Who Are You / What Do You Bring / What Skills Will Help You Succeed
- Highly knowledgeable about power distribution market (market needs, trends, drivers, key players, influencers, etc.)
- You have creative business development mindset and strong sales sense
- Ability to understand markets, discover opportunity, analyze competitive products and offerings in order to support sellers translate that into actional sales plans leading to Order Intake.
- Sales experience
- 7-years minimum
- Knowledge of MEDDICC and/or Challenger Selling is a plus
- Ability to operate in a matrixed global organization
- Ability to bridge between sales and product management
- Technical inclination: Do not need to be a technical expert, but need to have capacity to understand a technical product so you can succeed with deal qualification and with assisting sellers through the first 1-2 meetings with the customer without a subject matter expert.
- Knowledge of the Siemens PSS® Portfolio – particularly PSS®SINCAL – is a plus
- Travel of 40% globally (based on CDC guidelines and Siemens travel policies related to COVID-19)
Location: Work from anywhere / relocation not required.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.