Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our Fall 2021 Strategic Student Program. Our student positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in software development, user experience, data management, technical marketing, global technical customer support, and research & design.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Student seeking their first semester co-op
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Able to work from Milford, OH without relocation assistance
- Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
As an intern in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will be involved primarily in the manual and automated testing of our premier CAD software, NX, particularly in the area of Model Based Definition which includes applications for creating engineering drawings and CAD models with Product Manufacturing Information. You may work on business critical projects in quality assurance, business analytics, testing of prototypes for new releases, developing automated tests, analyzing test results etc. You will have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers and push the limits on our project teams to:
- Learn NX software, particularly MBD, PMI, Design and Assembly applications
- Learn the various steps in the Software Development Lifecycle Process (SDLC) and follow them
- Write test specification documents in a clear and concise manner to support testing of projects and also define a wide range of test cases to support industry workflows in those test specification documents
- Collaborate with lead application engineers, product definition team members and developers to ensure successful project implementation through testing & validation
- Assist in maintaining our existing software product quality by testing and reporting software issues
- Work with customers to understand and improve our NX CAD software through customer test events and by studying customer reported issues
- Ensure maintaining the quality of our software by authoring automated tests that cover test workflows
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Sophomore or junior status preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Inclination for working on quality assurance projects, including testing and automation
- Knowledge of GD&T, engineering drawing practices and standards
- Prior experience working with CAD software
- Passionate, self-driven and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Inspires collaboration
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.