If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 170 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas such as intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, Siemens Mobility posted revenue of €9.05 billion and had 38,500 employees worldwide. For the new Siemens Mobility spin-off of Yunex Pte. Ltd. in Singapore we are looking for a Head of Procurement for the Asia-Pacific region.
What are my responsibilities?
Head of Procurement Asia Pacific
- Heads organization assigned and leads all related procurement staff in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Acts as a role model and proactively leads transformation of organization and workforce including China, Hong Kong and Australia, especially with regards to digitalization, value chain orchestration, diversity, required skill set of staff etc.
- Helps to transform and shape the new Yunex Traffic Procurement organization with a strong focus on the development, alignment and implementation of a full-standalone concept for an independent Yunex Traffic Supply Chain organization in the APAC region.
- Acts as personal advisor to Yunex APAC Executives and Senior Management in all Procurement-related issues.
- Deploys Procurement strategy according to superior strategies.
- Ensures implementation of Procurement standards, regulations and guidelines on regional company level.
- Ensures full application of Siemens/Yunex guidelines, procedures, rules and standards, ensures adherence to relevant approval processes.
- Responsible for PVO, CoO/FTE and related other KPIs in the region; delivers targeted results
Procurement Manager Singapore
- Manages hands-on and pro-actively all regional procurement activities for direct and indirect material.
- Acts as “Sub-Project Manager Procurement” and represents the Procurement Function for the assigned customer projects.
- Analyzes, assesses and structures the project from a procurement perspective and obtains, feeds into the procurement expert network and clarifies all information being required to fulfill the procurement task.
- Acts as prime interface (“channel function”) to/for the customer projects’ key business partners (i.e. including overall stakeholder management, “day to day” operations as well as escalations), including but not limited: Bid/Project Management (technical and commercial), Sales (technical and commercial), Legal & Contract Management and System Engineering
- Prepares and manages the project procurement schedule, including supplier identification, RFQ preparation, RFQ process, clarifications, contract preparation, negotiation, supplier qualification, suppliers audit, sourcing decision.
- Owns, monitors, drives utilization of the consolidated Procurement Plan and Procurement Statement, including Supplier/RFQ/offer status per purchasing item, Selected suppliers, Risk table, Procurement efforts and resources and manages Procurement Plan.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- At least a bachelor's degree in business / accounting / other related fields
- 3-5 years of experience in Project Procurement preferably in engineering industry
- Extensive strategic sourcing / category management experience
- Understanding of the relevant supply market: knowledge/technical background of components, systems and services.
- Ability to make information-based decisions out of data: Ability to prepare analytical reports; organize and present in a clear and concise manner
- System and data management skills; especially Excel and SAP MM modules & related systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Pte. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time