We make real what matters - Create the future with us!
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 70 000 colleagues around the globe and help us in creating environments that care.
As a pioneer in the global building industry, we as the Building Products Business Unit team change how people live and work in buildings by connecting the digital and the physical world. We combine latest IoT and cloud technology with our years of know-how and experience on how buildings are run optimally and how they can contribute to individual and business productivity. With building and security management software, cloud applications, building & room automation, HVAC devices and controls all the way to full fire safety from detection to extinguishing, we help our customers to make buildings safe, healthy, productive and sustainable spaces for living and working.
Our regulatory conformity department is an important part of our organization at Smart Infrastructure – Building Products. We act as internal consultants for our colleagues, and for our external customers, we guarantee the compliance and safety of our products during their long years of usage. We are a vital part of the European fire detection and alarming as well as fire extinguishing industry and continue setting the standards. To strengthen our strong team, we currently look for a Regulatory Procedure & Approval professional at our headquarters.
Mission of the role
You are the vital link between the technical regulations and standards (TR&S) and our products. Your tasks can range from a deep dive into single TR&S to working within global project groups. The topics change on a weekly base and guarantee a high degree of variety.
Consulting and Products
- Consult on all aspects concerning international product regulations with special regards to Europe. Be a change agent, help the business deliver better value, and faster time to market. Be part of the product from development until the phase out.
- Cooperate with product management and research and development experts to ensure product compliance. Positively impact results and culture by establishing standards, institutionalize portfolio management processes, and adopt consistent problem-solving methods.
- Represent us in external committees, discuss and collaborate with likeminded professionals from the industry.
Analysis and Compliance
- New TR&S might bring along new requirements for our products. Anticipate and analyze them.
- Identify and implement country specific requirements in close collaboration with our regional service and solution partners in the countries.
- Lead regulatory projects and ensure that the existing product landscape remains compliant with the change.
You bring along
- Our new team member should bring along some proximity when it comes to technical regulations, this should be visible on the CV. All of the above tasks are very technical, but we work exclusively with digital files.
- We are flexible in terms of seniority. You could be a seasoned person with proven experience within technical regulations or a rather junior person with a solid base that wants to learn more.
- A high degree of attention to details is the most important soft skill for us, as after all, small deviations can have a huge impact later.
- You have a structured and independent way of working: approach tasks, challenges and problems in a planned, conscientious, concentrated and systematic manner.
- As you will be responsible for your own area, we need a self-reliant and reliable personality that likes to question the status quo where you see the need for it.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain trustful relationships across all hierarchies and regions.
- Business fluency in English is a must, German language skills as a nice to have.
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time