Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced Solutions Design Analyst to join our Laboratory Diagnostics team.
Siemens Healthineers Lab Diagnostics (LD) in UK is working in dynamic market segment where our NHS customers are in a constant state of flux. Financial constraints remain tight and reorganisation for cost efficiencies is driving network consolidation. Labs requiring new analytical solutions are therefore seeking to optimise their expenditure across the networks and minimise their staff complement through new operating procedures.
The LD business model required by customers is a managed service contract (MSC) which seeks to pass risk to the in vitro diagnostics (IVD) companies. Primarily the risk focuses around maintaining the availability of the technology infrastructure to support 24/7 lab operations. The MSC model may be further complex through a networks desire to create pan-pathology MSCs which encompass pathology disciplines which are not LD’s core business.
Into this environment LD requires and Solution Design Analyst to be able to design and deliver optimal IT business processes to deliver the customers business objectives for the MSC.
- Analysis of the impact if the customers business plan in their current operational model to develop an optimised future state process and IT flow design.
- Document current, transition and future state process and IT flows.
- Develop the LD IT operational model design concept using the proposed analytical and information solution.
- For the design concept, evaluation of and mitigation planning for patient safety issues through the solution realisation and MSC handover phases.
- Develop the business continuity options for the operation of the LD MSC solution in line with the customers operational model during the transition and final state deployment phases.
- Document the key configuration, testing, training and go-live parameters to support the future customer operational model.
- Interaction with Area Sales Managers and MSC Sales Managers for the analysis of customer IT solution needs and business plans.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Proven experience working in the acute healthcare sector, ideally with pathology experience.
- Training in information business analysis with demonstrated experience.
- Experience in applying information solutions to business process.
- Working knowledge of Lean methodology, business cases and return on investment analysis.
- Understanding of solution implementation priorities and project realisation methods.
- Desirable to have experience of patient safety risk assessment.
- Highly analytical in business process and information data flows.
- Ability to think strategically to support the customer business plan.
- Creative thinking to develop IT design concepts that meet both the customer and Siemens Healthineers LD requirements.
- Excellent written and presentation communication and facilitation skills.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time