Siemens PLM Software helps companies of all sizes around the world to transform their business and develop innovative products and services. Our customers are better equipped to respond successfully to the challenges of digitalization. Our solutions optimise their processes from planning and development through manufacturing and lifecycle support to realise innovation
Help our customers change their business with our world-leading technology!
We are actively recruiting for a Software Engineer join our team Quality Assurance team in Cambridge on a permanent basis
This position involves working within a group responsible for developing & maintaining our software component product suite, Parasolid. The successful candidate will undertake a key role in the major group activities, which include:
- Test analysis of core and related software products.
- Configuration, maintenance, and development of in-house and 3rd party QA/development tools.
- Setup and maintenance of Test Environments.
- Product release work, including process documentation and reports.
This role goes beyond traditional software testing, and requires a rigorous analytical approach. Duties include:
- Root cause analysis of automated testing results.
- Offering help and debugging advice to internal product programmers.
- Maintenance and improvement of existing testing tools and systems.
- Liaison with other internal/external software teams.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate who has good communication and teamwork skills. Are you capable of following complex processes and also applying judgement whilst having the ability to work on multiple tasks and be flexible in approach with minimal direction - then this could be the role for you.
- Graduate or post-graduate qualification in a numerate field, (eg mathematics, sciences, engineering, computing).
- Extensive proven experience in software development or software test role.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle with particular emphasis on quality and testing methodologies.
- Proficient in one or more high-level computing languages (C++/C#, Visual Basic, Perl or similar).
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time