*This position must reside in the greater Bowling Green, Kentucky area - Non Negotiable
Position is in Bowling Green, KY 42101. Applicants must live in Bowling Green, KY or surrounding area
We are looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining a newly forming Siemens maintenance team. Provides professional guidance and support for the maintenance of automated logistics and material handling systems and Siemens Automation and Drive products and equipment.
The Maintenance technician position will be in Bowling Green, KY. The facility is a new, automated warehouse owned and operated by a non-Siemens third party.
- The maintenance technician will be responsible to perform electrical and mechanical maintenance on packaged material handling equipment and automated systems.
- The equipment to be maintained will consist of several logistics systems including automated conveyors, gantry systems, monorail systems, automated guided vehicles and the associated enterprise IT/OT computer applications. These systems will include mechanical hard automation, programmable logic controllers, HMI, motion control devices, instrumentation and LV power distribution.
- The maintenance operations will be performed on a 24/7/365 days basis (excluding designated holidays. This will require rotating shift to cover 24/7 activities with details of shift schedules to be determined.
- This position will be a part of Siemens Digital Industries, Customer Services Business Unit and will report to the Siemens Maintenance Manager on site.
- Attend and complete safety trainings and execute all maintenance activities in a safe manner and follow all site and Siemens safety guidelines and policies.
- Plans and executes assigned own maintenance projects including primarily electrical/automation related tasks but will also require mechanical maintenance activities as well.
- Analyzes technical problems on site and completes mechanical and/or electrical repairs and work orders.
- Executes ramp up, set up and start procedures in order to prepare machines and equipment for operations.
- Contributes to installation projects on site and support accountable customer engineers.
- Supports maintenance of technical documentations of processes and equipment.
- Advise junior staff technically as required.
- Maintain various types of equipment
- Completes complex inspection of equipment and evaluates related operational, environmental, and safety issues and procedures.
- May need to coordinate internal and/or external resources to obtain assistance in resolving more complex issues or specialized knowledge or skill sets
§ Performs various mechanical and electrical maintenance activities including but not limited to troubleshooting, preventative, predictive, optimization and installation related maintenance
§ Completes maintenance requests regarding complex maintenance activities or other equipment-related procedures to ensure completion.
§ Consults with manager in developing/implementing complex maintenance, rework and repair strategies and implement new procedures.
Required knowledge, skills & experience
§ BS/BA in Engineering
§ 3-year vocational training + 3 to 5 years practical and specialized experience, or specialized qualification
§ Strong knowledge and principles in the related field of work, based on vocational training and practical experience, which enables incumbents to operate in moderately complex workflow environments, often working with specialized equipment and machines.
§ Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments that include both electrical and mechanical experience.
§ Experience with electrical, PLC's, LV drives, Hydraulics and motor/gearbox assemblies
§ Demonstrates knowledge of Organization's business practices and issues.
Electrical, automation or control is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.