*This position must reside in the greater Bowling Green, Kentucky area - Non Negotiable
The Maintenance Manager position will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of a full-service day to day electrical and mechanical maintenance operation for packaged material handling equipment in a new automated warehouse.
The equipment to be maintained will consist of several logistics systems including automated conveyors, gantry systems, monorail systems, automated guided vehicles and the associated enterprise IT/OT computer applications. These systems will include mechanical hard automation, programmable logic controllers, HMI, motion control devices, instrumentation and LV power distribution.
The maintenance operations will be performed on a 24/7/365 days basis (excluding designated holidays).
The position will report to the Director/Manager of the Siemens Digital Industries Customer Services Field Services organization.
In addition, the Maintenance Manager will interface with the end customer site manager and other Siemens entities.
This position will be responsible for managing a staff of 8 maintenance technicians performing the following tasks including, but not limited to: plant process optimization, troubleshooting, preventive and predictive maintenance activities
Implements effective maintenance related policies and guidelines, and defines and ensures implementation of function specific processes, procedures, methods, safety and/or tools relating to the maintenance of equipment and systems.
Be responsible for organizational topics regarding employees including shift plan, scheduling team, PTO planning, training of new team and ongoing training for new products and software, spare and wear parts ordering, etc.
This position will be responsible for operational and KPI reporting and communication with the end customer site manager.
Responsible for defined equipment preventive maintenance.
Plans and proposes maintenance budgets and decides respective resource allocation in maintenance operation.
Contributes to realization and/or optimization of technical infrastructure and equipment.
Manages cooperation with external suppliers and maintenance service providers including the OEM/Original Equipment Manufacturers.
Leads plant training programs for maintenance personnel.
Maintenance employee safety.
Manages all aspects of Maintenance Department, and leads and/or coordinates dedicated management and staff
- Develop roadmaps to provide forward looking recommendations to ensure we are utilizing resources effectively and efficiently to drive increased system and equipment reliability and excellent customer service.
- Develop tools, reporting/dashboards to provide key performance indicator visibility to business management.
- Develop and manage direct report employee safety program and procedures.
- Oversees assigned (parts of) technologically demanding and complex processes in an automated production environment, which need specialized, experienced and well vocationally trained work force.
- Manage Maintenance budget.
- "Operations Manager" in production / logistics / maintenance: Typically overseeing all assigned maintenance operations across all working shifts. Plans, prioritizes and manages related resources and measures.
- Primary contacts and interface with end customer site manager, intra-organizational/company contacts and functionally oriented external contacts.
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing, and responding to customer input in an effective, timely and courteous manner to ensure that client’s needs have been met and that the product/solution is fully functioning according to specification.
- Review maintenance requirements, materials / equipment planning to meet maintenance project management schedule.
- Coordinate maintenance services delivery to meet customer operational schedules.
- Supervise maintenance technicians, subcontractor’s staff, including but not limited to the following: assigning and checking work, planning tasks, establishing objectives / priorities.
- Take initiative as problems and opportunities arise by anticipating and meeting customer needs and company expectations.
- Mentor staff and develop processes to foster a controlled environment with technical depth that support current and future maintenance and reliability objectives.
- Report metrics in an accurate and timely manner. Manages maintenance documentation and performs other duties as assigned by executive leadership.
- Optimize maintenance approach and procedures to continuously improve the maintenance Key Performance Indicators.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Control(s) Engineering & Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 year’ s experience working in Industrial Maintenance.
- 1-2 years of previous project delivery experience (installation, commissioning, testing, and/or maintenance activities) in industrial environment
- Proven experience in team leading/management
- Limited travel required<5% mostly for training
- Experience and knowledge of PLC, Control Systems, Automation, low voltage drives, low voltage motors and small gearboxes
- Software/electrical skilled (Basic Siemens PLC functions, E-Plan reading and understanding)
- Must be able to identify critical operational topics and improve the concept
- Troubleshooting and root cause techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with employees, co-workers, sub-contractors, partners and clients.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.