Siemens Logistics LLC is a provider of logistic industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
In this role, the Service Support Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving customer systems and applications as part of our 24/7 Technical Support team. We are looking for a competent support technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on various Siemens Logistics products. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. The Service Support Technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain solutions.
The candidate must be hands on, solutions oriented and able to multi-task. He/she must be able to discuss failures and provide feedback regarding specific customer repairs, trends being observed/discovered, and product repair history. Candidate must also have the capability to test hardware and software products in support of delivering programs to the customer.
• Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
• Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
• Take ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
• Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
• Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
• Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
• Provide accurate information on IT products or services
• Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
• Follow-up and update customer status and information
• Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
• Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
• Work on and troubleshoot issues on research and development in-house lab equipment
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Assist in ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Install new hardware and software.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related education and/or experience
• 3 – 5 years of mechanical and electrical skills
• Ability to troubleshoot systems using electrical prints
• Ability to navigate computer programs and GUI interfaces
• Experience using Microsoft Operating Systems and tools is required
• Proven experience as a Technical Support technician
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other technical products
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
• Proficiency in English
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven customer service background, with demonstrated skills to prioritize and multi task to efficiently solve customer issues
• Ability to work flexible schedule, as needed, to meet customer demands
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
• Must be capable of bending, crawling and working in tight spaces
• Travel – 50% to 60%
• Work rotating schedule that supports 24/7 operation
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Familiarity with Siemens Logistics equipment, such as Parcel, Mail and Commercial Mail Solutions
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.