Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, changing healthcare landscape.
Join our team as a Senior Editor and Publications Specialist for the Molecular Imaging (MI) Business.
Our global sales and marketing department is looking for an ambitious professional who is eager to take the next step in his/her career by serving as “editor in chief” of our online customer magazine, Nuclear Medicine News and Stories and the digital transformation of Imaging Life, our print publication.
In this role, you will report to the head of MI communications and will work closely within our department and the global organization including clinical and product marketing, engineering, research and development, regulatory, sales, and corporate communications. You will be responsible for creating, implementing, and promoting a best practice program that is utilized globally.
As a key member of our organization your contributions will help ensure the company’s long-term growth and market leadership. Your responsibilities will include:
· Understanding the molecular imaging customer needs, and industry trends
· Developing digital publication concepts and editorial strategies and coordinate with corporate brand news and story channels
· Creating and monitoring digital promotional plans including SEO, social media, etc.
· Briefing authors, (journalists, internal authors, customers, etc.) and photographers, agencies with information for successful article and image creation
· Copywriting, editing, and proofreading content to maintain consistent quality and tone.
· Researching topics and soliciting content on a regular basis. (i.e., marketing, congresses, scientific publications).
· Monitoring and measuring the performance on the editorial content on the Internet
· Building relationships with customers and collaborating with team members
· Working with our regional sales teams to coordinate interviews with customers
· Managing the content review and approval process to quickly resolve open questions and ensure regulatory and legal compliance
· Overseeing production timelines and securing appropriate approvals in time for punctual and regular publication
· Coordinating layout and production processes in close collaboration with multiple external vendors and corporate team.
· Authorizing print and publishing the content once finalized
· Leveraging all communications channels to publicize content and increase readership
· Collaborating with global colleagues to create concepts and content strategies to position the company for molecular imaging leadership in the industry
· Contributing to content planning and development, public relations activities, clinical marketing materials, Internet and Intranet content, and cross-business line initiatives.
· Supervising the layout of images, graphics, videos, and artwork
· Adhering to copyright, privacy standards, and company brand policies
This position is well suited for you if you are:
· Driven by your passion and commitment to continually raise the bar, and play a lead role in positioning the business as the ideal partner for molecular imaging technology
· Committed to understanding the nuclear medicine market, customer needs, competitive landscape, and industry trends
· Excited to bring forth great digital communications ideas for high-impact marketing and communications initiatives
· Experienced in ensuring all content distributed or published are in compliance with healthcare regulatory and legal requirements, and the company’s internal approval process
· Meticulous about detail
· Results-driven and customer-focused
· Comfortable working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
· Strategic, creative, entrepreneurial, and always on the lookout for better
· Enjoy working in a diverse and cross-cultural environmentRequired skills to have for the success of this role:
· BA/BS in Journalism, English, Communications, or related area
· Minimum of 5-8 years’ professional editorial experience (online editor, magazine editor, or public relations)
· Highly proficient in writing and editing copy in English for multiple global channels. Medical or technical writing experience would be highly desirable.
· Strong project management skills with diverse communications experience (i.e., content planning/development, digital development, print material design and production, etc.)
· Knowledge of SEO best practices, content management systems, and tracking KPIs
· Excellent interpersonal and communications capabilities
· Experience working with global teams and on complex projects involving cross-functional tasks
· Proficient in Microsoft® Office applications and related business and communication tools, including knowledge of Adobe® Acrobat, Photoshop, and InDesign
· Two years of experience in healthcare marketing, communication, or sales
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.