* Applies documented rules, past practices, or instruction on an independent level and recommends change.
* Preempts potential problems and provides effective solution in reaction to application of welding mythology, techniques, knowledge of process.
* Provides side by side mentoring using best practices, company procedures and industry standards as a guide.
* Constantly observes welding operations to identify areas of improvement.
* Acts as technical expert in welding and quality operations within facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all
essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. .This job
requires that the individual is performing Fitting functions for approximately 50% of the time and welding functions for 50% of the time. In performance of either a welder or a fitter, the individual must exhibit knowledge of all
quality requirements for the particular task being worked on. Any other
percentage of performance will be categorized in the fitter or welder
positions depending on the percentage of time in each function.
Education & Experience
* Five to seven years experience welding and or welding quality within an AWS or DIN certified organization.
* Successful demonstration of key responsibilities of practical welding.
* Performed visual inspection of increasingly difficult level involving the
application of working knowledge of welding techniques and mythology, ability to read blue prints and other specifications containing welding
* Working knowledge of torch, plasma equipment and test equipment.
* Ability to monitor the effectives of weld techniques, provide documented and coaching feedback, practical demonstration of "how to do right".
* Capable of supporting weld process development and or improvement for mythology of weld processes.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.